Betta Sorority

Moni.quee

Reaction score
Im wanting to create a betta sorority. Planning on doing a 20g long, planted. My local fish store has fairly young females so that’s where I plan on getting them.

* how many females max can I put in a 20g long?
* what low maintenance plants can i get?
* what other fish can i put along with the betta females?
* is it best I put any other fish before adding the females?

—————————Edit ————————
05/08/2018
Can someone please tell me if my current 36g tank would be okay for a sorority?

SFGiantsGuy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Good that they're all still young, as they'll have more time to "imprint" upon each other, and and also get used to each other!

Moni.quee

Reaction score
Milliemae124 said:
You could do 5 females and a school of 6 corydoras as bottom feeders
Okay that sounds good! Im planning on keeping the tank at 80 F will that be okay with the Cory’s?

Smalltownfishfriend said:
Moss ball Java fern Java moss.. Amazon swords... I have them in my aquarium and they are all easy keepers!! Good luck on the sorrority!
I should probably add that I plan on keeping the tank at least 80 F maybe a little lower, will that be okay for those plants??

WhatsUpGuys

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I have a 20L tank with 8 females, they seem to get along fine. I keep the tank at 82F (that might a bit warm so I’m slowly turning it down to around 80F).

Sterbai cories do pretty well in warm water, as well as bronze (common) and Julli corydoras. Just make sure to acclimate them slowly to the temp. Pandas might be ok but they’re a bit more fragile.

All those plants you mentioned should be fine in the temperature (although I have no experience with that so... XD)

Moni.quee

Reaction score
Thank you everyone! I can’t seem to decide if I want to get a whole new tank for this, or if I should greatly reduce the amount of guppies I have in my 36g and keep a few betta females in there?

Milliemae124

Valued Member
Reaction score
Moni.quee said:
Thank you everyone! I can’t seem to decide if I want to get a whole new tank for this, or if I should greatly reduce the amount of guppies I have in my 36g and keep a few betta females in there?
I wouldn’t put bettas in with guppies as the guppies Long tails can cause the betta to attack them. Even females are known to be aggressive and in some cases more aggressive than males

Moni.quee

Reaction score
Really? Do you think that would be the case even if i were to get the female bettas at a very young age?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom