Betta Sorority?

DutchAquarium

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Usually females bettas can be kept together in the aquarium provided enough places to hide and if it is densely planted with floating plants. However, their is an occanional over aggresive female that will attack other bettas. If you have one, i don't recommend it. But yes, you can do it if you are careful.

WanhiBetta

Valued Member
Reaction score
Betta sorority should generally be in at least 20g with 5-7 bettas. In a 10, You can't have 5-7 bettas and there will be too much aggression.

DutchAquarium

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
You can get away with a betta sorority in a 10 gallon, you just need a lot of floating plants. I recomend hornwort and guppy grass. I kept females like once upon a time and i only had to remove over aggressive bettas sometimes.

david1978

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Even with experienced hobbiest the curve for success in your favor starts at a 20 gallon long with 5-7 girls and success rate goes up with tank size.

CanadianFishFan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Even with experienced hobbiest the curve for success in your favor starts at a 20 gallon long with 5-7 girls and success rate goes up with tank size.
For me its just that my mom only allows me to have below 20gallons. But im doing it because i have the extra room and can divide the tank. SO have a back up plan!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom