Betta Sorority?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Little John, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Little John

Little John Valued Member Member

Can you have a betta sorority in a ten gallon?

2. david1978

david1978 Fishlore VIP Member

You can but the success rate is very low.

3. D

DutchAquarium Well Known Member Member

Usually females bettas can be kept together in the aquarium provided enough places to hide and if it is densely planted with floating plants. However, their is an occanional over aggresive female that will attack other bettas. If you have one, i don't recommend it. But yes, you can do it if you are careful.

4. WanhiBetta

WanhiBetta Valued Member Member

Betta sorority should generally be in at least 20g with 5-7 bettas. In a 10, You can't have 5-7 bettas and there will be too much aggression.

5. D

DutchAquarium Well Known Member Member

You can get away with a betta sorority in a 10 gallon, you just need a lot of floating plants. I recomend hornwort and guppy grass. I kept females like once upon a time and i only had to remove over aggressive bettas sometimes.

6. CanadianFishFan

CanadianFishFan Well Known Member Member

Beginners should not try that. I suggest a 20gallon long as im doing, even then do more research (im glad i did)

7. david1978

david1978 Fishlore VIP Member

Even with experienced hobbiest the curve for success in your favor starts at a 20 gallon long with 5-7 girls and success rate goes up with tank size.

8. CanadianFishFan

CanadianFishFan Well Known Member Member

For me its just that my mom only allows me to have below 20gallons. But im doing it because i have the extra room and can divide the tank. SO have a back up plan!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice