Betta Sorority Plants

1. Fshloover

Fshloover Valued Member Member

image.jpg I am setting up a betta sorority in a 20 gallon long. I threw some plants I had just floating around and I am planning on going to my lfs and getting some more plants I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for some plants that will grow fast and take up the middle and top level of the tank. And maybe some general tips to start the sorority. ( btw I build the stand)

2. david1978

david1978 Fishlore VIP Member

Im not real knowledgeable on plants so i will let that for others. As far as the sorority minimum 5-7 girls. Most recommend adding them in all at the same time. I have had good luck with baby girls so it may be a better option.

3. OP
    OP
    Fshloover

Fshloover Valued Member Member

I have a question I have a female in a 5 gallon that I bought as a baby boy and turned out to be a girl should I try to add her to the sorority or should I just keep her in the 5 gallon

4. david1978

david1978 Fishlore VIP Member

You could but you would really need to keep an eye on her at first. Some chasing is normal but biting fins isnt. I had one girl who was out of the tano for 6 months and i added her back in.

5. CanadianFishFan

CanadianFishFan Well Known Member Member

Ill get two videos to help you here, And get any plant that provides a thick hiding spot.
    Remember to have a back up plan always! Heres my two queens showing how to start one!

6. imba

imba Valued Member Member