Betta Sororities

KinsKicks

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
KinsKicks submitted a new resource:

Betta Sororities - A Starter Guide + Tips and Tricks

With the increasing popularity in those beautifully finned, colorful fish in the store, arguably some of the easiest to obtain and care for, it would be a dream to some to keep a whole rainbow in a single tank. And that is where the sorority comes into play. Recently, I have seen a few questions on sororities in forums and the best methods to have one. I've decided for my first article to be one on keeping a sorority to help clear up any confusion or misconceptions that may exist, as well...
Read more about this resource...

clk89

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I pretty much disagree with having a betta sorority in a ten gallon, twenty gallon or bigger is best in my opinion. Four to six bettas in a ten gallon seems pretty cramp to me, I really can't imagine those amount of female bettas having enough territory room in that size of a tank. Also having at least seven is pretty key to dispersing aggression among the bettas. This is something I wouldn't recommend to a beginner to try.

RenCole

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I had a terrible experience trying to put female betas together... I didn't do enough research and ended up losing one of mine...

KinsKicks

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'm sorry! It really is a hit or miss sometimes...I hope at least this was somewhat helpful for you

sassymomma

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
This is a great source of information, and effectively gathers everything that I learned in my own research prior to setup

Great job

My own sorority has been up a month now, and began with seven girls in a 38bowfront. The backup plan was needed for one, and I still have six in there living peacefully

Sometimes stress is the deciding factor for a female- my girl shimmer was glass surfing and stress striped, so was removed into a divided tank

I plan to introduce a few more after adding more plants

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads