Betta Sororities - A Starter Guide + Tips and Tricks

Read more about this resource...

2. clk89

clk89Fishlore VIPMember

Ratings:
    +1,157
    Experience:
    1 year
    I pretty much disagree with having a betta sorority in a ten gallon, twenty gallon or bigger is best in my opinion. Four to six bettas in a ten gallon seems pretty cramp to me, I really can't imagine those amount of female bettas having enough territory room in that size of a tank. Also having at least seven is pretty key to dispersing aggression among the bettas. This is something I wouldn't recommend to a beginner to try.

3. RenCole

RenColeNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +1
    Experience:
    5 to 10 years
    I had a terrible experience trying to put female betas together... I didn't do enough research and ended up losing one of mine...

4. OP
    OP
    KinsKicks

KinsKicksFishlore VIPMember

Ratings:
    +2,775
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    I'm sorry! It really is a hit or miss sometimes...I hope at least this was somewhat helpful for you :)

5. sassymomma

sassymommaWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +1,414
    Experience:
    4 years
    This is a great source of information, and effectively gathers everything that I learned in my own research prior to setup

Great job

My own sorority has been up a month now, and began with seven girls in a 38bowfront. The backup plan was needed for one, and I still have six in there living peacefully

Sometimes stress is the deciding factor for a female- my girl shimmer was glass surfing and stress striped, so was removed into a divided tank

I plan to introduce a few more after adding more plants