Help Betta sick with lump on head and discoloration

Madz

Reaction score
Hi. I’m new to this forum because I’m desperate for help. A couple weeks ago I noticed that my betta had a very small bump on the side of his head, but I didn’t think much of it. The bump kept getting worse, and eventually his behavior started to change. He still eats fine, but he’s been laying on his side in his rock a lot and is a lot less active. I called a pet store and they told me that my fish has a tumor. However, today it started to look more like a sore, and I noticed red streaks by the side of his face where the affected area is. I read online that septicemia can cause red streaks on the body and ulcers, so I’m not sure if it’s that or if it’s a tumor. I was going to let the spot go untreated, but if it’s something else, I want to be able to do something about it! I attached a picture of what the spot looked like yesterday and then today, as well as a picture of his his good side for comparison because to me, I see red streaks on one side but not the other.
DC52DCFB-08DA-4F32-BEDB-8CFDF3F583E1.png
864411B5-FF37-429B-AD53-DCEDD3C71A7B.jpeg
54A23E36-DE47-4603-8A50-E2E0B85E2408.png
242956FB-9214-4FB2-8C57-65B9CE7B5294.png

Attachments

OP
M

Madz

Reaction score
Does anybody know what I can do to help him/what this is??

julifhy

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hi! Sorry for replying to this thread so late. How is your betta doing? Did things get better? I'm think your betta might have an ulcer. To treat it, I read you should make a quarantine tank, keep the water clean, and treat him with aquarium salt.

thatfishlover122

Reaction score
aquarium salt will hopefully help a lot! Bettas are known to get tumours too but i don’t think this is one - keep an eye on it though and try aquarium salt

OP
M

Madz

Reaction score
julifhy said:
Hi! Sorry for replying to this thread so late. How is your betta doing? Did things get better? I'm think your betta might have an ulcer. To treat it, I read you should make a quarantine tank, keep the water clean, and treat him with aquarium salt.
We lost him:( I was putting him in a quarantine tank, but he just kept getting worse and worse.

julifhy

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Madz said:
We lost him:( I was putting him in a quarantine tank, but he just kept getting worse and worse.
I'm so sorry to hear that :(
May he SIP <3

New Threads