Help Betta Severly Bloated And Swimming Funny

Status
Not open for further replies.

BettaFishKeeper4302

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
So i went to georgia for the thanksgiving weekend and was gone for 5 days and i specifically told my parents to take care of my fish instead of my little sister and go figure, they don't follow my instructions and my sister fed my male 5 pellets a day or something as she said, and this morning i caught notice of him swimming upright and kind of struggling. How do i prepare a pea to give to him? I can get some tonight at my work if i don't have any at home. (I cannot provide any pictures at this time as i am currently on my way to school in the making of this post)

maggie thecat

Well Known Member
Reaction score
SE USA - not quite in the middle of nowhere, but d
Experience
More than 10 years
Hi, sorry to see you are having issues. You should fast the fish for 48 hours to give him a chance to rest his gut. Then take a frozen pea, thaw it, and pop it out of its skin. Feed your betta the resulting mash.

If your fish isn't interested, you can also try frozen brine shrimp or you can hatch some live brine shrimp and see if hunting those doesn't perk up his appetite.

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I boil a few peas for the couple days, then take the skin off to mash it into the smallest bits possible, almost till it’s like a paste. If you don’t mash it, the pea won’t do anything but add to the bloating.

Smalltownfishfriend

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I boil a few peas for the couple days, then take the skin off to mash it into the smallest bits possible, almost till it’s like a paste. If you don’t mash it, the pea won’t do anything but add to the bloating.
Wow those must be very mushy peas.. did you mean minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom