Betta Saving?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rtessy

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I want to see if this is a viable option, and I know there will be people who disagree and I fully understand. Basically, I cannot stand seeing the betta's in tiny cups, it just hurts my heart! I've been able to ignore it for years, but after watching a beautiful one slowly fade over the past three week, I just can't. I also know I can't keep him long term. I'm likely going to pick him up and a baby (not a good chance it'll make it, but looks like a nice one, yellow fins) this weekend and set them up in 2.5 gallons, heated, filters, but not cycled (I'm fine doing up to 50% wc daily till they cycle). My issue is, I'm not made of money.... and I won't be able to keep them long term. On top of that, I know I'm indulging the practice of keeping them that way, I know a good amount of people who contribute to the practice do so out of pity. What's the chance do y'all think that I'll be able to put money into the tanks and get the same amount out? Let's say it'll be about $45-50 for each set up. I'd be able to add a fair amount of plants, mostly anacharis, to add to the look. I'd like to hear all of your opinions, even those who disagree, I'd prefer to consider all sides. Thank you.

GreekGills

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I've spent a fair amount of money over the past 3 months(let's just say a lot)and I'm just starting out in this hobby/lifestyle. It all started by getting a betta for my 3 year old and it took off from there. I've found a great therapy for myself in fishkeeping, so the money part doesn't weigh on my mind very much

OP
Rtessy

Rtessy

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Money wasn't such a huge deal when I was first starting out, but after a year.... lol yeah it's a lot. It doesn't help that I'm beginning to drift into the financial situation of "broke college student"... I have enough stuff to last my current set ups quite a while, it's just the new ones I have to worry about.

-Sofia-

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I HATE seeing them in cups too!! When you said "the setups" and "them" do you mean you are taking multiple bettas? I think what you are wanting to do is good and bad, good because that betta(s) will get a better life! But It would mean you are contributing to the practice, If you say why you are taking a betta(s) then maybe it will try to get them thinking about the info and products they sell for bettas. another thing you could possibly do is make a quick care sheet on bettas and hand it to people that have a Betta or want to buy one but you could possibly get in trouble by the manager/workers. hope I made sense

OP
Rtessy

Rtessy

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
You totally made sense, and thank you that's is a good idea... their care sheets on betta's are horrid, and the employees are never around so I could probably make a few of my own....
And yes, I'm planning on getting one adult and one baby. The baby will probably be dead by the weekend though, they die fast. It's the only baby left out of 15 and it's only been two days since the shipment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Top Bottom