Betta Rubra babies!

Discussion in 'Betta Breeding' started by junebug, Jul 28, 2015.

1. junebug

junebug Fishlore Legend Member

Took a few shots of some of the baby b. rubra. I think I have about ten in there, but only the biggest ones are out regularly.

Anyway, I thought I'd share them, because these fish are adorable and at least three of them are sold, shipping out next week, so I won't get another shot to photograph them!

DSCF8456 (1280x960).jpg DSCF8457 (1280x960).jpg DSCF8458 (1280x960).jpg DSCF8459 (1280x960).jpg DSCF8460 (1280x960).jpg DSCF8461 (1280x960).jpg DSCF8463 (1280x960).jpg

2. BornThisWayBettas

BornThisWayBettas Fishlore VIP Member

Oh my gosh so teeny tiny!!! :D And so cute!!! :)

3. OP
    OP
    junebug

junebug Fishlore Legend Member

They are born about the size of guppy fry, actually. Their growth rate is much slower, though. Larger fish, slower growth, plus weird water. LOL.

The biggest ones are just about .5" with the smallest ones clocking in at about .25". The small ones are about 3mo old, the largest ones are maybe 4.5mo.

4. _Fried_Bettas_

_Fried_Bettas_ Well Known Member Member

Sweet!!!

5. aliray

aliray Fishlore VIP Member

Nice babies. Alison

6. A

Aquafishboy New Member Member

NICE I was thinking about breeding some wild bettas also !! Are these mouth or bubble nest makes ?

How are they now ?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2015

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice