Betta Rescue Update!

smoteymote

I appreciate all the help I got on my last thread! I wanted to share how well these two are doing. The veiltail went to a buddy of mine in the local aquarium society and he's doing well too!

Still worried about the popeye on the crowntail. Going to start another round of meds since it hasn't gone down much. But the black betta is looking miles better! He's also a feisty little jerk. The moment the tweezers with the bloodworms hover over the water he's jumping out to try and get them! I don't even have time to get the worms in the tank with him usually!

and how they came in (minus the middle one)

Karenk2

Hi- Where did you get these guys? Great thing you did! Glad the fish are doing better!

smoteymote

Karenk2 said:
Hi- Where did you get these guys? Great thing you did! Glad the fish are doing better!
A person came into a library I was working at that day and was talking about her pets. Of course I got excited when she said she had fish and when I asked what she had she said "Bettas, but they just won't die"

I know it was sort of joking but also I had a look of horror on my face. She was crazy busy and they were her kids and she honestly thought they'd only live like a year or something so they're about 2 years old from what she said. She offered to surrender them to me (this was before I had seen them) and when they arrived.... yikes.

I'm glad she let me take them off her hands. I was physically sick seeing how they looked when they arrived.

Top Bottom