Betta possibly has fin rot?

promisedsin

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I'm not familiar with fin rot and my male betta (Cantaloupe) has always had a slightly white outline to his fins. It is the only sign he has shown of fin rot. Opinions?

42.jpg

jerilovesfrogs

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
welcome to fishlore! that's a very pretty boy you have! love the orange.

so yeah, I have experience with fin rot...my vt never really had white, but the ends turned black and frayed shorter and shorter. currently, after a couple months, his fins are growing well. the new growth is clearish, then turns back to blue as the fins grow more.

if it is fin rot, which i'm not sure....you'll have to see if the fins get shorter at all. but use vita-chem and stress coat and keep his water very clean. what size is his tank?

this betta isn't in the 10 gallon you have listed is he? that wouldn't be a good idea. also, I think you're overstocked quite a bit for a 10 gallon. the shark and loaches shouldn't be in there, i'm sorry to say.

promisedsin

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
He is in a 2.5 gallon which is all I had at the time and I had to get him because he was beautiful The shark is soon going to my brothers 30 gallon tank. The guy at the fish store sold my bf the shark telling him all he needed was 10 gallons. Just waiting for the 30 gallon to cycle.

jerilovesfrogs

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
yeah, there are many, many people at lfs, or lps that give bad info. you have to do a lot of reading and research and then you won't need their wrong advice.

a 2.5 gallon isn't horrible...mine started in that. however, is it heated and filtered/cycled?

promisedsin

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
it is both heated, filtered and was cycled before I put him into it I'm taking no chances with him

Martinismommy

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It doesn't look like finrot to me....He looks like he has a white butterfly pattern is all.....Finrot usually apprears dark or redish and the fins are shredded.....

He's a very pretty color!

promisedsin

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I had never seen an orange betta, especially at petco I had to get him.

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads