Betta Possible Fin Rot-Help!

1. BettaChuck Member Member

I think my Betta might have finrot.I have had him for almost a month now and his fins and tail were slightly schreded back then but lately it seems to have gotten worse.I took out the plant and now he only has the plastic cave(which mimics wood supposedly). He has no filter, I did 2 100% water changes and 1 50% water change in the past 3 weeks since I got him.Does this look like finrot to you? Oh also, I've been feeding him twice a day 4-5 pellets each meal but the water really didn't look that dirty every week when I changed it.It's actually a 2.25G tank if it makes any difference.
    Sorry about the bad quality of the photos.

Attached Files:

2. LyndaB Fishlore Legend Member

He needs a filter.

Bettas produce a lot of ammonia. Even with a filter, on less than 5 gallons, most people still do daily water changes.

What are the readings for his tank (which is too small, by the way)?

3. BettaChuck Member Member

I know the tank is too small, I mentioned in my very post on fishlore that I have every intention of switching him to a 5 gallon in summer.One with a filter.Could you please tell me if it looks like fin rot to you?

4. LyndaB Fishlore Legend Member

I'm sorry, but the pictures are all too dark and fuzzy for me to tell anything. Is there perhaps decor in the tank he's ripping his tail on?