Betta plus shrimp success rate

How did your betta plus shrimp experience go?

• Shrimp did fine

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Shrimp became snacks

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

sunflower430

Is it possible? I've seen a variety of experiences. Curious on what is more common. So far my betta has left my test ghost shrimp alone for a whole 1 day. Impatiently waiting to try out some cherries.

Maryellen

I had one female betta who coexisted with shrimp with no issues, in fact, maybe even liked them. I got a male betta and moved the female. he ate them all the first night in the tank :( didn't even have time to get him out.

sunflower430

I had one female betta who coexisted with shrimp with no issues, in fact, maybe even liked them. I got a male betta and moved the female. he ate them all the first night in the tank :( didn't even have time to get him out.
Yikes, quite the snack! How many did he demolish in one night?

Maryellen

Yikes, quite the snack! How many did he demolish in one night?
oh boy, an entire batch of baby neo yellows, breeding pair of blue dream, 6 or so cherries.. so maybe 20 total? he had no interest when I first moved him, and was living in a community tank previously. I watched him pretty closely and didn't see any aggression until, well, until they were all gone :(

sunflower430

oh boy, an entire batch of baby neo yellows, breeding pair of blue dream, 6 or so cherries.. so maybe 20 total? he had no interest when I first moved him, and was living in a community tank previously. I watched him pretty closely and didn't see any aggression until, well, until they were all gone :(
Oh gosh. Piggy!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Rose of Sharon
Replies
Views
Culprit
  • Question
Replies
Views
Aquariumlover1357