Betta Photos - Page 3

Team Omega-3

Sony Betta Max

My first Betta since childhood. His cup was labeled "Half-Moon" but I wasn't convinced because of the finnage(sp?). But, come to find out, he was just young; he's filling out nicely.

Attachments

• IMG_1023.JPG
    IMG_1023.JPG
    195.4 KB · Views: 221

SarahFish

A pic of my female Betta, Ice. her blue lines in her top fin and tail are amazing when it's sunny outside!

Attachments

• Pictures 870.jpg
    Pictures 870.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 204

Kkris10

First is Saber, my male crowntail. He's named after lightsabers from Star Wars due to his red fins in the front.
Next is Macey, a female veiltail. She's really a lavender color in person, not this blue that keeps showing up.
Then is Aurra, another female veiltail. She's a beautiful red color and is really friendly.
Last is Princess, maybe a female, maybe a veiltail. She/he is metallic but never stops moving.

Attachments

• 100_0799.JPG
    100_0799.JPG
    139.2 KB · Views: 205
  • 100_0855.JPG
    100_0855.JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 186
  • 100_0859.JPG
    100_0859.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 194
  • 100_0844.JPG
    100_0844.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 190

equonce

My new addition

You all have some awesome betta's! Here is my new guy Roberto (two of the pictures show his "fungus" which is being treated as we speak. I just hope it works). He is a crowntail betta (from what was on his temp container). He came from Walmart, where they all looked awful.

Attachments

• Roberto 3.jpg
    Roberto 3.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 176
  • Roberto 2.jpg
    Roberto 2.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 178
  • Roberto.jpg
    Roberto.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 197

SarahFish

Ice's blue fins

Attachments

• 12183682561_0.jpg
    12183682561_0.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 197

Chard56

Here's one I have to share. 2 & 1/2 month old I just jarred from a spawn between a White Lavender male I bred to one of my Pastel Green females. White, Orange, Pink, Red, Purple, Light Blue, Dark Blue and Black all on the same little guy. Talk about being Multi-colored!

bettakeeper

TOTALLY forgot to introduce Heta:

Attachments

• Betta (Small).jpg
    Betta (Small).jpg
    44 KB · Views: 178

divefanatic

Want to show off my boy as much as possible! no name yet...but I have to give him a great one to match his amazing color and finage! hes green but looks blue in really bright lights so maybe hes just blue with a hint of green? well either way I'm thinking he has a bit of dragon in him!

Attachments

• IMG_5577.JPG
    IMG_5577.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_5588.JPG
    IMG_5588.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 226

JaguarKisses

I have pictures of my two Boys, none of my girl yet. She has a huge attitude to my camera. She hid on me a few mins ago when she saw the camera.

Here are my Two Crowntail boys

Oceanus is the lovely blue one and the other guy my daughter named blondI (don't know why). Sorry about Oceanus his whole pic is blue but you can see him there.

Finally have one of my girl Saphira. I love this little girl.

Attachments

• Blondi.JPG
    Blondi.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 260
  • Oceanus Flaring.jpg
    Oceanus Flaring.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 205
  • Saphira.JPG
    Saphira.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 174

Chard56

I have a few coloring up like this in my Red Gold Dragon spawn. He looks like he's on fire.

ltshears

Here are my 2 Bettas.. The blue/red one has a tumor and still hanging on , don't how much longer I will have him . The white/red one I just got yesterday and he is a halfmoon betta, I just love his coloration..

Attachments

• Halfmoon Betta.jpg
    Halfmoon Betta.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 209
  • betta.jpg
    betta.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 259

octonaut

Dashi

this is our beautiful (in our eyes, not that we are biased) and brave Dashi, who loves nothing more than to watch the mayhem that is our front room and to nuzzle up to whoever will stroke the glass of the tank.

Attachments

• Dashi.jpg
    Dashi.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 221

bettanewbie

Here is my betta fish Fi. She is so aggressive and active.

Attachments

• downsized_0228121538.jpg
    downsized_0228121538.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 180

Kaylz

My Scarlett He recently passed but I just wanted to show him off a bit, bad pic that doesn't do him justice but he was camera shy!

I miss my baby! He was my first betta.. We just added a new boy (Skittles) who is being far too active to take a picture.. but I'll hopefully get one soon

Attachments

• Scarlett.jpg
    Scarlett.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 166

voice4bettas

My Veil Tail, Big Red. In my opinion I think VT are the most attractive and friendliest. I have 1 HM and 3 CT and my VT is the one who enjoys human interaction the most. I love all of my bettas though!!!
IMG_20120604_234128[1].jpg
100_0651.jpg

Tiffany H.

Patriot and Little Boy Blue

Patriot.jpg
Little Boy Blue.jpgHere are my Betta boys, Patriot (the red, white, and blue), and Little Boy Blue (the solid blue).

kspenclux

255304_311513792278509_1216000588_n.jpg
384728_313145355448686_112834341_n.jpg
487130_311512955611926_2038404019_n.jpg
530187_313146865448535_1970587101_n.jpg
544429_310286782401210_1823602866_n.jpg
558462_313147385448483_332221105_n.jpg
Moon.jpg

1. Luna- crowntail female baby who died two days after I got her
2.Venus and Sasha- blue crown tail baby and a regular female
3.Venus
4.Sasha and Marylin- marylin hiding in the back. she is a crowntail baby
5.Moon- my favorite male betta ever! halfmoon betta
6.Marylin- camera shy
7. Moon when I first got him

cognizant

This is Ricky our Crowntail Betta.

Captain America Jr..jpg

gourami88

My two new betta boys!

Nova is the black/red/purple and JJ is he blue/green/red

Attachments

• 100_8086.JPG
    100_8086.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 182
  • 100_8096.JPG
    100_8096.JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 179
  • 100_8089.JPG
    100_8089.JPG
    106.1 KB · Views: 215
  • 100_8093.JPG
    100_8093.JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 255

monkeypie102

IMG_20121108_224303.jpg
This is Sync, he wouldn't stay still so this is as good as it gets!

IMG_20121108_225519.jpg
Mozart, my oldest betta in this group, just over a year old.

IMG_20121108_225852.jpg
Last this is Harmony, he was delegated to the 29 gallon because he likes to chase shrimp so Mozart took his tank. Harmony enjoys schooling with the black neons and the cories

Cheetablaze

Woohoo,

Brand new owner of 2 Betta's, I own a 20 gallon with some smaller passive fish and I love bettas. Decided to visit a pet store and free a couple betta's from their small containers. I have not gave them names yet but I'm sure something interesting will come about. I have no clue why the one has so many different colors, but he looks stunning in my tank and has a ton of places to lay low. The DT-HM betta is going to work with me with some pothos plants on top of the tank. Have a nice day!

Attachments

• 20130325_231910.jpg
    20130325_231910.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 193
  • 20130325_233011.jpg
    20130325_233011.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 241

Hannahfish

My three betta boys:
photo(10).JPG Kuraiumi
photo(3).JPG
Eino

photo(7).JPG And Sutadoragon.

Arden0208

IMG_20130428_191752.jpg

Flags first day home.

gummyvites

My new rescue betta, he was very lethargic and pitiful at the pet store so I had to take him home to take care of him, and he's doing MUCH better now and he's teaching himself how to swim again. He swims a while then takes a break on the bottom then a little more then another break and at first he wouldnt even swim so he's doing great and I can tell hes gonna be so pretty when he gets all his coloring back!
photo (9).JPG
photo (10).JPG
photo (12).JPG
photo (11).JPG

Betta Photos!

This is my new boy I got yesterday! He is yet to be named.

1.JPG
7.JPG
6.JPG
5.JPG
4.JPG
3.JPG
2.JPG

phiza

My Daughters New Purchase

Just thought I'd post a photo of my Daughters new Dragon Beta, she's called it Tyrion (big game of Thrones Fan!).

The first is on his his way home from the LFS.
Beta1.jpg

The second is him installed in his temporary 7G tank while waiting for his permanent 10G to fully cycle.
Beta2.jpg

He's settling in very well, slowly exploring his new home and new tank mates, a pair of Pepper Corys, with their 6 week old offspring and a couple of Mystery Snails. All getting along fine!

phiza

Tyrions New Tank

Here's Tyrion in his new home. He seems really happy! Its amazing how his colouring changes from emerald through turquoise to dark blue depending on the light in different parts of the tank! :shock:

Sorry there's so many photo's!

Attachments

• Tyrion Tank.jpg
    Tyrion Tank.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 192
  • Tyrion Tank1.jpg
    Tyrion Tank1.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 188
  • Tyrion Tank2.jpg
    Tyrion Tank2.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 191
  • Tyrion1.jpg
    Tyrion1.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 183
  • Tyrion2.jpg
    Tyrion2.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 185
  • Tyrion3.jpg
    Tyrion3.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 209
  • Tyrion4.jpg
    Tyrion4.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 177
  • Tyrion5.jpg
    Tyrion5.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 175
  • Tyrion6.jpg
    Tyrion6.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 165
  • Tyrion7.jpg
    Tyrion7.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 174

phiza

Here's some fancy colour edited pics of Tyrion with the background changed to black and white, really emphasizes his changing colours?

Attachments

• Tyrion8.jpg
    Tyrion8.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 173
  • Tyrion9.jpg
    Tyrion9.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 131

sherbettabeautiful

IMAG1251.jpgFlame

IMAG1248.jpg

IMAG1246.jpg

OWLyouNEEDisLOVE

MJ!!! {homage to the talented Michael Jackson, king of pop}

This is my beautiful fancy boy!! He's a feisty little fireball and I adore him. Here's him in his poor tiny cup when I bought him.
IMG429.jpg
Here he is enjoying his new home!!!

IMG489.jpg
IMG492.jpg
He's a quick little bugger so it took forever to even get these awful pics ha ha. (and doesn't help that I'm using my phone bc I can't find my dang camera charger)

Hannahfish

My three bettas:
Sonan-sha
photo(9).JPG
Henteko
photo(3).JPG
Kuraisenchi
photo(24).JPG

nitehawke

my veil tail Runner
IMG_20130220_152110.jpg

Runner in his tank. the first set up..
IMG_20130209_124736.jpg

sophieydg

Screen Shot 2013-07-28 at 4.01.35 PM.png

My first betta! He has a 5 gallon tank. I don't know what to name him!

Ifhbiff

image.jpg
My male (named Minty... Thanks to my gf lol) in a 2 gallon fluval spec.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 157

clownxfishx

My newest little girl...quite plain compared to your stunners, but I adore her anyway.

this is 'Charlotte' my young female betta. Not sure what breed but she's so sweet.

Attachments

• char2.jpg
    char2.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 142
  • Charlotte1.jpg
    Charlotte1.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 177

izzysaurusrexx

From Rags to Royalty: My Betta Story

Story time! I got started with fish when my friend asked me if I wanted his pet Betta fish Walter because he kept forgetting about him. So, I said sure! Me being the over achiever that I am I immediately begun researching Bettas and fish but not soon enough because of my lack of fish knowledge Walter died. I was still very much into fish but like I said I was new and didn't know much so 3 Bettas later I actually started researching more aquarium inormation so my next Betta wouldn't die. My 4th Betta, James, lasted me almost half a year until I decided to upgrade my 10G tank to a 20G long. The tank, uncycled (which I didn't know what it was at the time), I moved my Betta into the 20G long tank. Then of course since it wasn't cycled and I kept adding other fish the ammonia built up and they all eventually died. That's when I literally stopped with fish and actually went to get books spend months on the internet on everything fish keeping. I know, I know, I did everything backwards! But can ya blame me? I never had a passion for fish until my friend gave me his Betta! Anyways, now I have all the proper equipment and all the proper knowledge. I have my 20G long tank, cycled. Recently it only had a Bolivian Ram and a Betta, Casper (which I got after James), and a few mollies. James' fin got cut off from the filter and my ram seeing as he was injured swooped in and ate at his body. I seperated Casper from the ram but it was too late. Casper died. At that point I decided to just stop with Bettas. The only reason why I kept getting Bettas was because they are literally my favorite! I love the wide range of colors and fins and personalities! So, it was just my ram and some mollies. The mollies died as well but only because they were already poorly kept in Petsmart. However I've kept some of the fry, which are almost half a year old, they had before passing and am currently raising them! For months it's only been my ram and mollies and I kept looking for fish that would be a nice addition but nothing was as good as a Betta. So I obviously experimented, I got some fish and added them to my tank to see if I like it if not then I simply return them. For a few months I was doing that but like I said I just gave up. BUT, luckily a Petco opened up in my town and they had a odd range of fish I've never seen! So, I began experimening again. But, nothing. Until I finally worked the courage to see the Bettas..and oh my god.. I couldn't believe my eyes! Petco had KING Bettas! I am not ashamed to say I squealed! I've done a lot of research on giant/king Bettas in my Betta days and so before I got a Betta I went home and did more research to confirm. As it turns out King Bettas are either a different strand of Bettas (Imbellis) or are a mixed strand of Bettas (Imbellis + Splendens, which is what I think mine is). Betta Imbellis, AKA the peaceful bettas are larger than normal Bettas and more peaceful. They tend to be a much darker color. My King Betta is HUGE. He's a light blue, but not too light, like a shade or two lighter than normal blue Bettas. His body head to end itself, not counting the fins, is 3.3-3.5"+ counting the tails he is 4.5-5"ish. His body widthwise is about 1-1.2" The reason why I believe he's a mix of Betta Imbellis and Betta Splenden is because of the color and his peacefulness/semI territorial-ness. When I first introduced him to the tank he didn't flare or attack my ram. He just looked around. The only fish he'd chase were the small 5ish month old fry. Gladly he can't catch them! He payed no attention to the Ram and adult female Molly whereas the ram and female Molly were so curious and wanted to kind of mingle? My Ram, being the idiot that she is, nipped at the Betta since he was on the bottom (her acclaimed territory) and the Betta got so scared at first! Then when the ram tried approaching him he flared a tiny bit and he scared the ram off. There are no issues, really. The Betta stays on top, he claimed it is, the ram stays in the bottom, the Molly bugs both of them and neither of them care. The only other times my Betta can get mean is at night when lights are out he likes to rest on top obviously and so does the Molly! He gets mad because he doesn't want the molly with him so he chases her, I hear splashing, but he never physically attacks her. He just tries to scare her away. He's really..interesting! He doesn't like being directly under the light for some reason. He's usually next to the glass because that's where the shade is. He likes to I guess "lay" on the ground under the center piece aquarium wood because there's an opening in the middle that's very tunnel like. The aquarium wood is surrounded by fake and live plants and King Derek (named after Derek Hale from the MTV show Teen Wolf) likes to move throughout the plants. Overrall I'm really happy. Never before have I seen giant/king sized Bettas other than in YouTube or some fish website. So, for my local pet store to have one, multiple actually, was very exciting because I get to have all the amazingness of a Betta without all the harsh violence! So, to any of y'all wondering about King Bettas I can confirm that they are very much real very much gigantic and very much more peaceful than the traditional Betta Splenden! If you want a King Betta I would reccomend calling local pet stores or even pet stores a few cities and towns away? Because I'm telling you, you know it's a King the moment you look at it. It isn't "well he is kind of bigger than some Bettas", it is more like "WHOA IS THIS BETTA ON STEROIDS! I THOUGHT THESE WERE A MYTH!??" So, if you want a Betta and all it's outstanding qualities minus the violent aggressive part then look into King Bettas!
Also, this message is to everyone..if you know someone that might slightly be interested in fish then please tell them to do A BUNCH OF RESEARCH FIRST. Because in the long run it will save them time and money and patience and dead fish and I had no one to tell me this thus all the death and wasting of money. Thank you!
Pics: This is Walter, what started my fish hobby!
image.jpg

This is Valerie
image.jpg

This is Walter, Valerie, and Sebastian!
image.jpg

This is my the most beautiful Betta I've ever had, I was truly in love with him and was completely heart broken when he died..James <3 R.I.P
image.jpg

And last, but most definitely not least, KING DEREK!!
image.jpg

I don't know if you can see how big he is in the picture. I don't really have anything to compare him to since he's bigger than both my adult ram and adult female molly. Hope you all enjoyed!! If you have any questions just reply to this and I'll see if I can help!

Betta Fish

Here s my Rico

image.jpg
And here is his tank

image.jpg

asherjellyfish

What a pretty thread *_* Here are a couple shots of my Frankfort He seems a little thin to me, I'm working on fattening him up and he is complying quite easily of course hehe.

footy8D.jpg

FOOTY83.jpg

Irish Rose

So excited! I just got a new Betta. Meet Dartanion. I was looking for a double tail, but fell in love with this boy the second I saw him. I was actually at the LFS to get an Albino BN but came out with Dartanion instead. I just have one problem.... He's in a 15 gal. tank on my desk, I am having trouble working I keep looking at him.
image.jpg
image.jpg

kevymd

image.jpg

Showing off my new boy, Prince Caspian. Recently a petco rescue. I'm in love... *swoon* <3

xshainax

I got amazing shots of Jayy Von. I put a female in there to see if he would flare. Nothing

He has a little bit of tail biting issues, that's why his tail is like that. Hm...He could be a crowntail cross I would say looking at his analfin
I bet if I bred him with a nice female he would have offspring with better finnage

Attachments

• DSC_3506.jpg
    DSC_3506.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 155
  • DSC_3446.jpg
    DSC_3446.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 135
  • DSC_3515.jpg
    DSC_3515.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 68
  • DSC_3448.JPG
    DSC_3448.JPG
    253.7 KB · Views: 126

Jelly

Finally got some good pics of my gorgeous boy in his new tank! Here's Optimus.

optimus006.jpg

optimus004.jpg

It's ridiculous how much I love this fish.

Lots more to be seen in my photo albums. hoto:

asherjellyfish

I guess I ought to post my new boy here too

The Duke!

DSCF5396ZOOM.jpg

zoom2.jpg

zoom3.jpg

zoom4.jpg

puding

Hello all,

try my best to contribute to this forum, here is 2 from my 21 bettas ... enjoy the betta !!!

1272743_10151796852924272_1318326511_o.jpg

856551_10151796795509272_1310376477_o.jpg

kevymd

Here are my other two bettas

image.jpg

image.jpg

puding

Meet another collection of mine, JEFF hehe

_MG_2027.jpg

_Fried_Bettas_

Pics have been seen before, just though I'd add them to the picture thread.

Logi

RPV_0022.jpg
RPV_0026.jpg

Oceanus & Tethys (Smaragdinas)

Oceanus&Tethys (6).jpg
RPV_0025.jpg

Athena

RPV_0044.jpg
RPV_0132.jpg

Ares

RPV_0008.jpg
RPV_0037.jpg

Boeing250

bettas

Here is a photo of my Betta. If you have some will you please post photos of yours?Thanks
Gordon - Copy (2).jpg

aquatic1

Beautiful!! I was just thinking about red and white bettas. Love it always enjoy an excuse to show iff my boy in one he is playing hide and seek, and the other has flash so you can see the turquoise in him

Attachments

• 20131110_121510.jpg
    20131110_121510.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 150
  • image-2013-11-10-15-45-44.jpg
    image-2013-11-10-15-45-44.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 167

GrizzlyBearTweety

These are my bettas hope you like them.

Attachments

• flaring phantom 001.jpg
    flaring phantom 001.jpg