Betta Photos

Mike

Fishlore
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Please use this topic to post your Betta photos. I'll leave it stickied so it appears at the top of the posts. Let's see different types of bettas out there.

You can also show off your pics in the betta picture gallery.

Here are some stunners:
betta-splendens-31.jpg

betta-splendens-4.jpg

betta-splendens-8.jpg

betta-splendens-12.jpg

betta-splendens-14.jpg

betta-splendens-27.jpg

betta-splendens-36.jpg

Photos reused with permission from JJPhoto.dk.

Thanks,
Mike

-----

Please use your own photos, and not material from the internet.

Please post your photos as attachments, rather than links.

While your compliments on the photos are really appreciated, text-only posts will be removed after a while to keep the gallery pictures-only. If there is a discussion you do not want to loose, please start it again in a separate thread.

Thanks,
Armadillo

Jendayi

Valued Member
Reaction score
Cujo and Romeo are having bad tail days, so those are pics when they were having better ones. That's probably the best pic I have gotten of Jett, he is almost impossible to photograph because he is so busy and swims very fast. Plus he recently decided that he hates the camera

Attachments

Sabi

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
116.jpg

A pic of my siamese fighter

Jacko

Valued Member
Reaction score
I love that white betta! Can I have him, JK.

I got myself some bettas a little while ago and am currently breeding them.

Here is Altan:
154.jpg

And now Melanion:
155.jpg

This female I am currently conditioning for Melanion:
158.jpg

And this female is in the begining stages of breeding with Altan as I type:
160.jpg

And here is my pure white near transparent female, in person you can see the eggs inside her it's kinda weird:
162.jpg

mingher

Reaction score
I fell in love with this little guy while he was next to so many others. I present Melon.
321.jpg

He got bashful after his photo session.
323.jpg

Barbrella

Well Known Member
Reaction score
is he pinkish in person?
Sometimes.Really depends on the light. Here he is at a different angle, but mostly he looks marbled.
p.s. Your other two girls are so cute and look like they are loaded with personality!;D

75.jpg

My Kiri is such a little monster. Here he is fed up with me watching him:;D

"Stop looking at me!!!!"
80.jpg

Chief_waterchanger

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Unknown betta species. (Unknown to me at this time, atleast. See my post, "Betta sp." if you know what species it is, please.)

101.jpg

Windchaser

Valued Member
Reaction score
Here's my little crowntail friend. He moved right as I snapped it so it made him blur up.

155.jpg

Couple more pics of him.

Wish he wouldn't move so much when he sees the camera phone.

172.jpg

173.jpg

lili70

Valued Member
Reaction score
Betta girl and yo-yo:
253.jpg

254.jpg

255.jpg

L

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Here is my newest male. Just remember that this isn't my pic, it was sent by the breeder so I knew what he looked like.
114.jpg

Tom

Jacko

Valued Member
Reaction score
My newest male:
220.jpg

The green in those pictures is really more blue-ish in person. Now I have 2 males and 11 babies! I need some more females, a harem of 6 would be nice in my new Asian tank.

Phishies Inn

Valued Member
Reaction score
My newest betta, his name is Spyder. I rescued him from Petco a couple of months ago. I wanted to take them all, yah know? So depressing there. But I settled on one and behaved

At first he was extremely skittish with the other fish in the tank (tetras, danios, and cory cats), but after a couple of weeks he is doing just fine. Even swims up to my fingers when I drop food in the tank, and loves to swim in and out of this decorative pot I have in there.

247.jpg

Jessemama

Reaction score
My betta's

Ghost Rider ( left) Midnight Aurora ( right)
258.jpg

only pics i have at the moment both males waiting to save up to get midnight his own bowl

Jacko

Valued Member
Reaction score
Egads! I haven't shared my new boy with you guys yet! He is a red-wash copper VTDT, or so I am told. The LFS just had him under "split", what a horrible name for a wonderful fish. He has the most personality out of all of my bettas in the past and shows no aggression towards the 2 other small males in the tank and my shrimp.

Sorry, I can't get the gallery to accept my s so I have to use photobucket:
202.jpg

203.jpg

204.jpg

205.jpg

206.jpg

lalynya

Valued Member
Reaction score
Ok so I knew I wanted to eventually get a betta...eventually. I wanted to get a fancy looking one from a breeder online or something..But then today when I was at I sale at the fish store aquarium. I picked up this little guys cup and knew I had to have him..I kept telling myself no but in the middle of the guy ringing me up I told him to add the betta too..He is an all black betta with what looks like red lying underneath but when he flares you can see lil blue areas on his back fin...I allways thought I would get one with a huge tail but....he is the one..lol..everyone meet Othello

142.jpg

will get better pics when i have him settled in his tank

luna

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I got a better picture of my new little girl today!

159.jpg

Martinismommy

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
My wonderful crowntail betta boy "Will"
262.jpg

Sunakire

Reaction score
My new boy, Zee
16.jpg

Jendayi

Valued Member
Reaction score
Well I haven't been around in a while, so I thought I would bump this thread to introduce my new boy. He's very difficult to photograph because he is extremely busy, places to go and fish to see, etc. I named him George Clooney because he is so very handsome! I think he would be called a butterfly color pattern? He's got a bit of a mess for a tail, I just rescued him from his little cup at petsmart the other day. Hopefully he'll straighten out on his own in his clean, warm tank. He's totally a spaz right now, flaring at his own reflection non-stop. I'm having a challenge getting his attention long enough for him to eat, but so far I've been able to get 2 or 3 pellets in him a day, with patience.

Click the thumbnails if you would like to see the bigger pics.

23.jpg
24.jpg

25.jpg
26.jpg

Unfortunately, I lost Jett about 2 weeks ago. He just started going downhill out of the blue, very listless, stopped eating, fins were deteriorating. I medicated him but it didn't seem to help and eventually he settled on the bottom of his tank and just passed away.

Cujo and Romeo are still going strong, as is little Ra the sun god! Guess I need to make a new sig pic one of these days...

TropicalGrimmish

Valued Member
Reaction score
here my new Betta, my 1st since i was a little kid.
392.jpg

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom