Betta Pellets

Michelle2468135

So I recently got a Veiltail Betta. For food I bought bloodworms (which he hates and spits out) and aqueon pro pellets (which he loves). The pellets are pretty small and on the directions it says to feed him 2-3 times a day with as many pellets as he can eat within 2 minutes. If I kept feeding him for 2 minutes he would eat about 50 each time! I have been feeding him 4 pellets in the morning, 2 in the afternoon and 4 at night but I don't want to underfeed or overfeed but he is always wanting food (unless its bloodworms lol) Any recomendations?

flyinGourami

Doesn't like bloodworms? Well thats a first lol. I would try to add variety, 10 pellets a day is too much for a betta. At most i would feed 2 pellets 3 times a day but honestly 2 pellets 2 times a day is enough. As soon as your bettas tummy is a bit rounded he's full.

Michelle2468135

Ok, I just feel bad when I see him sitting near his feeding hole. I'll try again with the bloodworms and if he doesn't like them Ill look into another type of food to add to his diet.

bwer2

It depends on how big the pellets are

Falena

I have never used the brand of betta pellet you are using, the size does generally matter but it sounds like the member above has experience with them and I'd go with their suggestion as it does sound like he's eating a little too much.
Dont worry, bettas are like puppies when it comes to food, they beg and tug at your heart strings o matter how much you feed them lol!
As for the blood worms, are they freeze dried ones? If so, try pre soaking them in a little of his tank water. They should only be used as a treat anyway, since they're not very nutritious.
If you can get frozen, I'm sure he'll eat those!

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
RamRam12
  • Question
Replies
Views
ProudPapa
Replies
Views
LeahA