Funny Betta peeing on mystery snail

erinwan719

My male betta is peeing on the snail!!! He stopped right over the mystery snail for a while with stretched tails and fins. I think he is peeing on the snail just like the puppy peeing at a tree!!! It is so funny! As long as he doesn’t bite on my snail, a little bit of territory protection behavior is okay. The pee will be spread all over the aquarium anyways and soon be filtered anyways.

Feohw

Funny you jumped straight to peeing! He looks to just be resting.

TheeLadyG

(Fish don't pee, they only poop... the solids and liquids are all together like in bird and lizard poo)

Fanatic

I agree, he's not peeing, mostly because a betta's anal gland isn't at the base of the tail, it's actually below the head, slightly past the gills.

erinwan719

Funny you jumped straight to peeing! He looks to just be resting.
Because I always see puppies peeing at the bark on the street with their legs stretched... (one leg up)... bettas tail is the betta’s way for showing off, or showing his dominance or even spreading scents: “you can be here, but this is my territory, so worship me!!”

Feohw

Because I always see puppies peeing at the bark on the street with their legs stretched... (one leg up)... bettas tail is the betta’s way for showing off, or showing his dominance or even spreading scents: “you can be here, but this is my territory, so worship me!!”
It would be interesting if fish did mark their territory like dogs too, more reason to call some water puppies. But luckily for your snail he wasn't getting peed on.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Brilliance
Replies
Views
Rose of Sharon
Replies
Views
NavigatorBlack
  • Question