Betta parasite?

0morrokh

Chi-chI has had this dark brown line on her side for as long as I've had her (at least I think so). It has occurred to me that it could be a parasite, but she's never stayed still long enough for me to look closely, and it doesn't seem to bother her (I've never seen her flash or anything). I just got a couple pics though, so see what you think...is this a parasite, or just a color defect or a scar from an old injury?

TFA101

I'm not sure, maybe scar or some minor discoloration. Dont believe me though, others will have other answers.

chickadee

If it was a parasite I would think it would be spreading or enlarging or you would be seeing more of them. If it is stable in size and not any more are becoming present then the suggestion would be that it is a color flaw or a Birthmark of sorts or perhaps a damaged area where a scale was lost somehow or something on that order but it does bear watching to make sure that no more such spots form. If that should happen then she will need to have an external parasite treatment like some Parasite Clear Tank Buddies from Jungle Labs or something to clear it up or Coppersafe if there is nothing else in the tank with her of an invertebrate nature like snails or shrimp or anything like that.

But for right now I would say it is not anything to be concerned about unless it starts to change.

Rose

shellbell4ever

It looks like a scar to me...My Clyde has one... always has
Though it doesn't seem to bother him as much as it bothers me (LOL)

COBettaCouple

Angel has a few spots kind of like that. They've just sort of popped up at different times and stayed as they are.. almost like betta freckles.

MinxMermaid

My Lemon has a little spot like that too. kinda in the same spot, near the end of the that little bump in their body. maybe they all have it, we just see it more on the lighter colors. probably nothing to worry about.

Martinismommy

Jagger has a "Y" on his side....I thought it would go away in time but it has only gotten darker...I don't think you have anything to worry about....

Here is his pic....See the "Y"?

631.jpg

COBettaCouple

Martinismommy

Is he saying to you "Y not more bloodworms?"

Yep lol.....And instead he gets a peice of garlic! My boys need to join Jenny Craig....They are seriously overweight!

COBettaCouple

LOL.. low-cal bloodworms..
Yep lol.....And instead he gets a peice of garlic! My boys need to join Jenny Craig....They are seriously overweight!

0morrokh

LOL.. low-cal bloodworms..

Heh and someone would probably buy those, too (if some company ever decided to make them).

COBettaCouple

Yea, I can see our little Bettas counting points and doing little aquatic workouts to DVDs by the tank.

Heh and someone would probably buy those, too (if some company ever decided to make them).

chickadee

Well I have a used portable DVD player for the tank if you are interested ....

Rose

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
NearMeBettas
Replies
Views
Sofiafish17
Replies
Views
Rose of Sharon
Replies