Betta Pale Areas Fins And Body

Yolliez

Hi. I have a 29 gallon planted tank, upgraded from 10 gallon 5 weeks ago. Transferred all substrate, plants, wood and filter from old tank into new. Currently have a 50 gallon Aquaclear filter. Water temperature is 78F, ph 7.2, Ammonia 0, Nitrites 0, Nitrates below 20. Doing 30% water changes weekly. Stocking is 8 Harlequin rasbora, 4 Cardinal tetra, 3 Corydora Hasbrosus and a male plakat Betta (Mr. Blue). The Harlequins have been added to the group of fish after the upgrade.

All fish get along very well with no fin nipping being observed. Mr Blue is doing his own thing in the tank and pays no attention to the other fish. And I haven’t seen any of the other fish bother him either. I have noticed pale areas on his fins and some pale scales on his body. He has had this for at least two months. It is pretty stable at the moment, and doesn’t seem to be getting worse. We’ve had him for a year and he was his current size when we got him.

I’ll attach some photos. Is this fin rot? We are thinking of moving Mr Blue back to the 10 gallon tank. Might be easier to treat him by himself in a tank.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Attachments

• 386939EF-1CB7-4D15-A07E-E98980706579.jpeg
    386939EF-1CB7-4D15-A07E-E98980706579.jpeg
    86.3 KB · Views: 46

Repolie

Looks like colouration. He probably has the marble gene. Has some minor fin rot, just keep his water clean and it should heal up.

Yolliez

Thank you!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
LanceDog
Replies
Views
drabina
Replies
Views
Rachel3537