Betta Needs Help! Kanaplex? Important

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by Svraka, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Svraka

Svraka Valued Member Member

Hi everyone!

My tank is *almost* done cycling but I need help because Billy seems to have fin rot...
    Here is what he looked like before:
    20180217_162801.jpg

Here is what he looks like now:
    20180410_213446.jpg

Now I've tried a couple things already, Indian almond leaves and hydrogen peroxide swabbed on the edges slowed it down but it continued after awhile, and aquarium salt treatment for a week didnt do anything...
    I got a fruit fly culture a day ago so he's eating live food now which he LOVES, along with some small bits of his dried food with garlic juice. So two flies (one in the morning/evening) with tiny crumbs of dried food. I doubt I'm overfeeding him, he gobbles everything up and has great energy.
    I change about 50% of the water with Prime conditioner every day.

When I bought him his bowl water was tinted blue which I suspect was some sort of methylene blue treatment. So maybe he is resistant to traditional treatments and I need to try something stronger.
    Or should I wait until he can go in his new tank and it naturally resolves itself...

I've heard Kanaplex is good for fin rot? Any suggestions?

Thanks

2. Initiate

Initiate Well Known Member Member

Hi there,
    Are you sure it's fin rot? I can't see any white rotted fins, can you see obvious rotting. I pulled my betta's tail off once, I kept up with daily water changes and the tail grew back fine. Has there been any progress with the water changes?

3. OP
    OP
    Svraka

I've been changing his water everyday since I got him in February (on account of him being in an uncycled tank) and the fin rot happened regardless of that. I'm not sure what it could be other than fin rot because its not tail biting or the decorations in the tank and the rot has spread to his bottom fin now

4. Initiate

Initiate Well Known Member Member

Odd... How's his behaviour? Still eating?

5. OP
    OP
    Svraka

He's great, energetic, likes to flare at his reflection, and eats like a fiend, since the day i got him... It is pretty weird

6. OP
    OP
    Svraka

Bumping this cause I'm still wondering if i should try Kanaplex or something now ?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice