Betta Mysteriously Sick??

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by minorsarcasm, Jun 13, 2018.

1. m

minorsarcasm New Member Member

I've had my betta for about eight months. He used to be in a 2.5 gallon tank with a heater, filter, and lamp. I'm pretty good at staying on top of weekly water changes and do a full tank clean every 3-4 weeks. About two weeks ago I noticed he started sitting between the glass and his heater and not moving. After monitoring him and checking the water for about a week, he got worse and started laying on the bottom of the tank or hiding in his car.
    I bought a 3.5 gallon tank complete with a new filter, heater, lamp, and decorations and bought water treatment supplies and a different food. He's been in his new tank for a couple days now and still seems super lethargic. I can't see any visible signs of illness, his fins are still colorful and not torn, his eyes and gills don't appear swollen, and there are no stress stripes or spots. He hasn't eaten the past couple days and doesn't even acknowledge his reflection when I tried getting him to move around with his mirror.
    I love my lil guy and am just not sure what to do from here. Help??

2. CanadianFishFan

CanadianFishFan Well Known Member Member

Welcome To Fishlore!
    Did you cycle the tank? Do you have a test kit?
    How much are you feeding? and what brand of food?
    Photos are always helpful...

3. OP
    OP
    m

minorsarcasm New Member Member

His old tank was cycled, I transferred quite a bit of that water into his new tank and then filled the remainder of the way but it's only been a couple days with that. I do have a test kit, and it wasn't showing anything out of the ordinary, the pH level was a little high but when I added conditioner to the new tank it dropped down again.
    I feed him a pinch of food in the morning (Tetra BettaMin) and tried switching to Aqueon pellets.

upload_2018-6-13_18-38-27.png
    upload_2018-6-13_18-38-59.png
    he has been sitting in this position since i got home roughly 4 hours ago and has not moved at all :/

4. CanadianFishFan

CanadianFishFan Well Known Member Member

Try to get a photo of his stomach and maybe try another food, thats not the best brand.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice