Betta May have eaten all my RCS

VSA

So yesterday I added 10 red cherry shrimp to my betta tank. She is a 2 year old female.

I think she may have eaten the shrimp. She looks bloated. She also has this thing down the side of her. I don’t believe it’s eggs as I have seen those on her before.

Is that poop as I would have thought if it is then she has a problem?

Attachments

• 55FFB55B-58CF-40C5-A311-6F5DA13AEA98.jpeg
    55FFB55B-58CF-40C5-A311-6F5DA13AEA98.jpeg
    163.1 KB · Views: 22

BigManAquatics

That does look like poop. To be expected if she ate all the shrimp. A good 2 or 3 days fasting should help mightily

VSA

Thanks. Reassuring to know it’s nothing bad.

BigManAquatics

Thanks. Reassuring to know it’s nothing bad.
Shouldn't be. Might try some frozen daphnia in a few days too if still bloated from the feast. Works well as a laxative.

VSA

Oh didn’t know about daphnia. Will pick up some on my weekly LFS visit just in case and feed it to the tanks as the weekend treat.

For now she seems unaffected. Still thinks it’s feeding time every time I walk pass the tank!

BigManAquatics

Oh didn’t know about daphnia. Will pick up some on my weekly LFS visit just in case and feed it to the tanks as the weekend treat.

For now she seems unaffected. Still thinks it’s feeding time every time I walk pass the tank!
Of course! Bettas are notorious water piggies...well for that matter, most fish are, too

VSA

Well she seems to have the digestive system of a champion. Had to vacuum the sand this morning because there is red poop all over the place.

She is slim and trim again. Still going to fast her for 3-4 days just to make sure it’s all out of her system.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Zyzheng88
  • Question
Replies
Views
betta06
Replies
Views
StarGirl