betta may be eating silver dollar

taro5201

Reaction score
I've had a betta for about 4 months, and I just got a silver dollar fish. I think my betta may be eating my silver dollar's fins? I'm not sure though. I thought these 2 fish were able to share a tank. what's goin on??

Marc

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Betta are aggresive to fish with large fins, so the silver dollar's tail fin may be angering/provoking it in a way.

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I don't know if this particular chart will help but it does list the compatibilty for some of the fishes that do well with Bettas to give you an idea what types they get along with.

Rose

betta waita

Reaction score
he proly is.

RoboDude

Valued Member
Reaction score
Whoever gave you that advice is wrong. Bettas are NOT compatible with Silver Dollars. Sorry for the bad news.

Dino

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have serious doubts a betta could keep up with a silver dollar's swimming speed.

Unless you have SEEN this, I would be looking for another option.

Dino

Jon

Well Known Member
Reaction score
the fins of a silver dollar shouldnt provoke a betta too imensely but it is possible... if you jsut bought the silver dollar and didnt quarantine it it might be diseased... possibly fin rot if it looks like its fins are torn/ frayed

beckers4oranges

Valued Member
Reaction score
if you had to betta in the aquarium...alone...for a long time...this tank is now the "bettas tank" due to the lack that he is very territorial...he would attack anything you put in there...even if their compatable....i know...its happened to me...twice

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom