Betta lump on side , losing colour

SMPlantedTanks

Hi all,

My betta looks like it has developed a limp in its side, it looks to be internal.

Over the past week it has been losing all colour.

It's behaviour has not changed and is still active and eating.
It looks to be at the rear. Any ideas?

20220120_150220.jpg

TropicalFlow

Probably a tumour.

SMPlantedTanks

That's what I'm fearing. I've been doing regular water changes, fed daphnia in vase of blockage etc. But nothing looks to be helping!

TropicalFlow

well, its most likley a " cancerous " type of tumor. :(. the best you could do it put some stress coat in the tank, keep water clean as possible. you cancontinue feeding daphinia. im sorry for you and your betta fish.

Lucy

well, its most likley a " cancerous " type of tumor. :(. the best you could do it put some stress coat in the tank, keep water clean as possible. you cancontinue feeding daphinia. im sorry for you and your betta fish.

How can you tell it's cancerous as opposed the the various lums and tumors bettas can get??

TropicalFlow

How can you tell it's cancerous as opposed the the various lums and tumors bettas can get??
Because of how rounded the lump is In the image . A tumour in most cases on fish show more on the outside of the skin and not internal. But, there no for sure way of telling. Lucy, am I in trouble ?

Lucy

Because of how rounded the lump is In the image . A tumour in most cases on fish show more on the outside of the skin and not internal. But, there no for sure way of telling. Lucy, am I in trouble ?

Of course not.
I was curious how to tell the difference between a cancerous tumor and benign one

TropicalFlow

Okie thanks! Have a good day Lucy

SMPlantedTanks

Thanks for the info. The little guy seems happy enough at the moment , although losing all shades of blue
Considering this was him not long ago

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 4

TropicalFlow

Does he flare at the glass very often?

SMPlantedTanks

Not overly. I have adjusted the lighting in the room and tank to reduce the number of potential reflections (the tank light is not on when the room will be dark), and the sides and back of tank are covered so it's only the front of the tank that is potentially reflective now.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Rose of Sharon
Replies
Views
bored411
Replies
Views
Berg
Replies
Views