Betta lump next to eye with white in the middle

QiQi

I rescued this betta fish 35 days ago from a pet store.
I got him with a ripped tail, curled fins, very skinny and lesions, a white spot coming out of a lump next to his eye and that area is a bit lighter in colour too.
He is not lethargic and eating well.
He is doing great so far. He put weight on and his fins regrew a lot.
His eyes are fine, no stringy poo, no other indications of illness.
At the start, I just gave him time, I thought it's just a wound, but that lump grew bigger so 2 weeks ago I treated him with Waterlife Sterazin since that white thing goes in and out so I assumed it's a worm (also got advice from other people too to medicate with antiparasitics)
I followed the instructions on the bottle and he got much better, with no signs of that white thing, the lump got smaller so I put him back in his tank.
5 days ago it reappeared, that side of his face was swollen a bit and there was another lump with a white thing next to his mouth too. I put him back in the quarantine tank and instead of dosing every two days, I dose every day. The lump and white thing keep coming and going, it's still swollen on that area and now I noticed there is a more white/pinkish ring around his bottom lip. He is still energetic, no signs of stress and eats well.

The picture below is before the first time I treated (ignore the rest of the white dots around they are on the glass, no other physical signs of illness)

IMG_20210208_150034489.jpg

The tank setup is 9 months old, he is currently in a quarantine tank
Tanks size: 70L
Temperature: 26 Celcius
Big sponge filter with an airstone
I do 25% water change weekly
I got 100+ cherry shrimp and 6 nerite snails in the same tank
I feed 4 Omega Sea Betta Buffet pellets twice a day, bloodworms twice a week, fasting once a week
Water parameters: Nitrate 0-5, Nitrite 0, Ammonia 0, Gh 7, Kh 6, Ph 7.0- 7.2, Cl2 0
I dose Seachem Flourish once a week

What else can I do? I don't want him to end up with a bacterial infection from the open sores the worm is creating.

kellerjake2004

i think that continuing to dose anti-worm stuff is a good idea. I think that there are other medications that prevent open wounds from getting infected. good luck!

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
BigManAquatics
Replies
Views
Sunflower
Replies
Views
bobduhgeek
Replies