Betta Lost Most Of Tail?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Katkatt, Apr 20, 2017.

1. KatkattNew MemberMember

So I recently purchased a new tank for my new beloved betta Dawn, very pretty white-blue betta, so I could move him from his old tank to a bigger one (double the size of his old 2.5 gallon). His old tank, of which I have drained already, was kinda dirty and the filter was too strong.

However, during the move (of getting out the old filter/plants), I noticed the majority of the end of his tail is missing. I don't know how, but I suspect the filter or fin rot. I immediately moved him to a smaller tank, roughly a 3/4 gall that I usually use for separating baby guppies during water changes, and drained the old tank.

I can't move him to the new tank for another 24 hours (because of tank sealant drying).

1. What should I do?
    2. The filter was strong, but not all of his tail is missing. Any idea of what it may be?

2. KimberlyGFishlore VIPMember

A picture would help.

3. KatkattNew MemberMember

Ah! I'm sorry, I was going to put a photo but I got caught up in digging through my closet to find medicine.

Attached Files:

4. KimberlyGFishlore VIPMember

Thanks for the picture. That doesn't look too bad. I would just do aquarium salt and water changes. (Some don't like salt with bettas and just do the daily water changes, I've never had a problem with salt and bettas when dosed correctly)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice