Betta Losing Color

abby:)

Valued Member
Reaction score
I have not been able to feed my Betta myself the past couple of weeks so someone else has for me. Two days ago I did a water change and after she lost most o her color and went from dark red to almost white, the next day she looked better but tonight after I fed her the same thing happened. All the levels are normal and I cannot figure out what is going does anyone know? Thanks in advance

ljg

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Bettas tend to lose their colors temporarily when they are stressed, even in the slightest bit. My betta will sometimes hide when someone walks by his tank. You could try some stress coat or I would talk to the person who fed the fish and ask them if that happened when they fed it.

Lunnietic

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Are you feeding them something different? Do they look bloated at all? Did the person feeding the betta accidentally overfeed?

Valued Member
Reaction score
ljg said:
Bettas tend to lose their colors temporarily when they are stressed, even in the slightest bit. My betta will sometimes hide when someone walks by his tank. You could try some stress coat or I would talk to the person who fed the fish and ask them if that happened when they fed it.
She’s normally super friendly and I’ve never seen this happen. The person who fed her didn’t notice anything.

Lunnietic said:
Are you feeding them something different? Do they look bloated at all? Did the person feeding the betta accidentally overfeed?
I think she may have been a little overfed but I’m feeding her less now

TexasGuppy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Daphnia food is supposed to help if they are bloated/constipated. I'll feed my fish just Daphnia once a week. My gouramis always seem to get more than their fair share in the community tank.

Valued Member
Reaction score
TexasGuppy said:
Daphnia food is supposed to help if they are bloated/constipated. I'll feed my fish just Daphnia once a week. My gouramis always seem to get more than their fair share in the community tank.
Daphnia is in her rotation of foods she gets it a couple of times a week

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom