Betta live foods?

Jack Sparrow

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Hello I am wondering what the right live food would be to feed my betta. I'm looking for something that's nutritious and would cause any problems for the betta( ive herd baby brine shrimp can cause bloat or swim blatter???) Also convinece to culture would be a big factor

Thankyou

Leilio

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
daphnia, rich in protein and fibre, should not cause any bloating if fed properly. Tend to get pretty big, so easier for hunting. Daphnia magma has a red colour when they lack oxygen and are generally great food for the betta.

OP
Jack Sparrow

Jack Sparrow

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Leilio said:
daphnia, rich in protein and fibre, should not cause any bloating if fed properly. Tend to get pretty big, so easier for hunting. Daphnia magma has a red colour when they lack oxygen and are generally great food for the betta.
thankyou, how do I culture daphnia, and could I feed daphnia as a stable or would my betta still need his pellets and other frozen foods?

Leilio

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Daphnia Culture This is one of the thread that talked about it. You might want to look over this one. It got some helpful info. As for if daphnia can become a stable or not, I am looking for the answer myself. I believe other more experienced members might be able to help you with this question.

OP
Jack Sparrow

Jack Sparrow

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Leilio said:
Daphnia Culture This is one of the thread that talked about it. You might want to look over this one. It got some helpful info. As for if daphnia can become a stable or not, I am looking for the answer myself. I believe other more experienced members might be able to help you with this question.
thankyou

imba

Well Known
Reaction score
Blackworms are also relatively easy to keep and culture and Bettas love them. Another option to consider

New Threads