Betta Juvenile Stripes?

lorelle9

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
First picture is the day I got my baby betta and 2nd was taken about a week later (today).

My fish seems incredibly energetic, smart, and happy and its living like a king in the 10 gallon tank. I even got it jumping through hoops after minutes of total training (could hardly believe it). But the stripes concern me. Is this because of stress left over from the pet shop, could I be doing something wrong, or will these markings go away when it gets older? Based on size and coloring I think my betta is around .... 7 weeks old maybe? (please tell me if you think that guess is totally incorrect) He's still less than an inch long.

Attachments

Repolie

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Likely just juvenile stripes. Juvenile bettas will have these stripes when they're young to help them camouflage and will eventually go away when they're older. His behavior doesn't indicate him to be stressed.

CheshireKat

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I've had mine for a month or more and he still has his stripes. I actually was going to post about this myself. He doesn't have much color still and the red on his fins come and go. I've pretty much assumed it's cuz he's so young and he's a healthy active fish so I haven't been really concerned. I would like to know how old mine is though. I'm really eager for him to grow!

New Threads