Betta Just Hanging

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by Hill Dweller, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Hill DwellerWell Known MemberMember

IMG_2945.JPG Look at this dag :)

He swims up to the intake and lets the water flow hold him up. He also lays on his hammock and snuggles into the feathery ambulia plant too. He is one cruisy dude!

PS the filter is on a slow setting as the high setting was gale force, so he is not damaging his fins by hanging out like this, I have watched him very closely

2. CycerathValued MemberMember

great example of the intellegence of these fish. he discovered a low energy way of keeping himself near the surface. just like us humans, we use our intellegence to find new ways to be lazy, lol. just like how i bought smart light bulbs so i don't have to get up to flip a switch, i just use my phone instead or have it set to turn off and on automatically when i leave my house.

3. Fish tankValued MemberMember

My beta did the same when he got adjusted he rode up to the filter and would stay in a homage leaf hammock

4. BettaBlissValued MemberMember

Bettas are so smart!:) As soon as I put some floating plants in my tank, my little guy discovered that he can wedge himself in there to stay near the surface!

5. SenValued MemberMember

@ Glorious Goldfish

Bettas are indeed very smart. One of mine dragged down some plants I stuck near the filter to make himself a little aquatic root recliner:

20170408_113623.jpg

I've been hoping to find some floating plants! Do you have any recommendations?

6. BettaBlissValued MemberMember

That's adorable!:)
    And for floating plants I have Brazillian Pennywort, I've heard great things about dwarf water lettuce too!

7. SenValued MemberMember

I'll definitely need to try out Pennywort sometime; I think I've seen it recommended before! I've never heard of the dwarf water lettuce... for some reason when I looked at it I felt hungry.

Thanks for the advice!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice