Betta jumped tank divider!

Allie
I decided to put Aries on the other side of the 15 gallon and out Holly in his tank. To give him so more growing room. anyhow later I walk by the tank only to see Jasper hovering over this purple/blue thing. I am like what the heck? It was Aries. Jasper was about to attack him good. He is twice the size of Aries, that could have been bad. I check the dividers for openings...none. I bet the jumpy little jumper hopped over to see who was on the other side.
I am so glad I noticed this before I went to bed. It could have been tragic.

luna

What a wonderfully naughty little boy!

Allie
What a wonderfully naughty little boy!
I think he's one I am going to have keep an eye on. The lil' >

capekate
Ohh my goodness Allie!
That must have caught you totally off guard... lol. I remember when Precious jumped over the divider onto Darlings side one time and I was like... what is that? hahah.. so I know just how you felt .... yep we have to watch these little naughty but ooo soooo smart bettas of ours! hehe....

Allie
I had a minute panic attack, put him back in his own tank in a sane manner. The water level was up high on the 15 gallon b/c I don't have to normally worry about anyone visiting anyone. I swear Aries can jump 3-4" out of the water when excited. He jumps out of the tank at my fingers all the time. I have been going higher & higher each time to see how far he'll try to hop up. He'll jump as many times as I want him too.
Aries was the perfect name for him. Lil' fart.

luna
...and I get scolded for calling Kappa a piggie! Just THINK about how Rose will scold you for using such an icky word to describe your little boy!

COBettaCouple
Fiesty little guy.. I'm glad you saw them in time.

FishKing
This guy is a brawler

Allie
Fiesty little guy.. I'm glad you saw them in time.
Me too. At the least Jasper would have ended up with another case of fin rot.

Barbrella
I was worried about this in my divided tank, so wired a strip of craft canvas along the divider, overhanging each side of it about 1 1/2".

That way, there'll be no "visiting"!

Allie
I was worried about this in my divided tank, so wired a strip of craft canvas along the divider, overhanging each side of it about 1 1/2".

That way, there'll be no "visiting"!
Yeah he has been put back in his side of the 12g...he's been there since I got him. I happened to fill the 15 gallon up too high at the particular time. I am getting some craft canvas so I can have more dividers tho. I'll put a border over the next time I move Aries.
I haven't ever seen a betta jump so much.

COBettaCouple
Maybe the little guy wants to be in the olympics?

Allie
Maybe the little guy wants to be in the olympics?
Yeah really tho. I put him in the 25g with the otos last night to see how he would be. He is so interested in me and the cats...he hasn't noticed them. I figured he could use the growing room for a bit.

COBettaCouple
He's a total character!
Yeah really tho. I put him in the 25g with the otos last night to see how he would be. He is so interested in me and the cats...he hasn't noticed them. I figured he could use the growing room for a bit.

Allie
He's a total character!
You are telling me. My bf was laughing while I was doing something above the tank. He said all he could see was Aries hop up the glass every 2 seconds.
I think he wants to be human myself.

COBettaCouple
LOL.. He probably believes he is.

Blub
Hi!

So glad he's OK! The amount of trouble Jasper would have been in...

Narcicius
All of these random posts about bettas is pretty funny, never heard a fish doing that kind of stuff before.

Allie
All of these random posts about bettas is pretty funny, never heard a fish doing that kind of stuff before.
Me either, but this guy is truly an individual. He reminds me of a needy dog trying to get some attention.

COBettaCouple
That's what I think makes Bettas such special fish.

Me either, but this guy is truly an individual. He reminds me of a needy dog trying to get some attention.

Allie
Tazmiche
these fish are the bees knees!!! I tell my buddies about them but they just chuckle and look at me to say 'ok nut case'

Your guy sounds hilarious!!!

chickadee
Now mommy if you don't want me to jump don't encourage it....LOL. "fart", Allie? he is a sweet little betta boy and doing what comes naturally to him... Of course, never mind that he scared the liver out of you. This is supposed to be his right and priviledge. I never have a divider anymore without a T top on it. I found I just could not trust any of them when my back was turned. I make mine about 4 inches wide but they probably do not need to be that wide.

Rose

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
BabsandLoon
Replies
Views
Bettas28
Replies
Views
bankruptjojo
Top Bottom