Betta Issues - Help I Need Answers!

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by briannaleo, Jul 21, 2019.

1. briannaleo

briannaleoNew MemberMember

I’m so worried about my beta fish!! Mines a girl and I don’t know if she is as territorial so she would be seeing her reflection or not But she kinda of twitches and looks zippy when she swims and stuff if that makes sense? and goes up against the glass and kind of glass surfs but not extremely bad but I don’t know if she is just super excited and hyper because she seems super curious all the time and follows my finger on the glass but I’m so worried I don’t want her to die, I did research and she doesn’t have white spots or white poop or raised scaled or ripped fins so she looks perfectly fine but I just want to make sure she is ok because I got her about 5 days ago and I love her and don’t want her to be sick, dying, or in pain/ suffering!! Someone please help and answer! Do I need a vet? I love her and I don’t want her to die or have to stress about her if she is suffering someone please help and give me an answer!!!

2. LaTulip

LaTulipValued MemberMember

I don’t know much about Bettas but maybe more people can help if you answer some basic questions and upload a photo or video of the little gal in action. What size is your tank? Is your tank cycled? What are your water Parameters? There is a section in this for us dedicated to bettas. That thread may be of more help. Good luck!

3. CheshireKat

CheshireKatWell Known MemberMember

If you could copy and paste this and fill it out, it'd be really helpful for us to help you. Fish Emergency Template

But from what you've said, it doesn't sound like anything is wrong. Some fish like to swim along the glass. However, you might be trying to explain what's called "flashing." That's why more information would be useful for us.

4. lilirose

liliroseValued MemberMember

It sounds like she's healthy but possibly bored, though it's impossible to say without knowing the details of how you're keeping her- what size tank, whether it's heated and filtered, water parameters, how often you change the water, decorations you have in her tank, and so on.

If you're very interested in keeping her healthy then you should educate yourself on her needs.