Betta Injury?

Sanchez5296

I wish I could get a better picture but I don't want to further stress her out. I went to go check on my betta and she was in her cave laying on her side. I turned on the light and noticed she had a scrap above her head in front of the dorsal fin. I know the picture is poor but to me I can see sort of a pinkish or skin color where the injuries are. She was breathing rather hard at first but I think it less now, not sure.

On her head and another larger one in front of her dorsal fin(top of body).

awilkinson871

First thing I would do is check the inside of all your decorations for a sharp edge. Often on the inside there is a sharp edge that she cut herself on. If so you can sand it down or remove it. Next I would make sure to keep doing water changes to keep the water pristine. Cuts can heal themselves if the water is clean and parameters are great. Look out for any fuzzy white stuff growing on the wounds- that could be an infection and will need medication. You can also add Indian almond leaves as they can help with healing and stress but it will turn your water brown.

Sanchez5296

First thing I would do is check the inside of all your decorations for a sharp edge. Often on the inside there is a sharp edge that she cut herself on. If so you can sand it down or remove it. Next I would make sure to keep doing water changes to keep the water pristine. Cuts can heal themselves if the water is clean and parameters are great. Look out for any fuzzy white stuff growing on the wounds- that could be an infection and will need medication. You can also add Indian almond leaves as they can help with healing and stress but it will turn your water brown.
How would you go about sanding them down? What is the best procedure?

awilkinson871

What ever you have- sandpaper, nail file. Sharp edges are often hiding inside decor and we do not even realize it.

Sanchez5296

What would a fuzzy wound look like? I can't really tell if one of them look like that. I have been doing daily water changes and have an almond leaf in there

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Sanchez5296
Replies
Views
oliviawilliam2017
  • Question
Replies
Views
Blueberrybetta
Replies