Betta in vase till tank arrives

klowhtw

Reaction score
I got a betta fish and my african dwarf frog tried to kill him so I took him out and put him in a vase. I ordered a 2 gallon tank on amazon that comes with a filter. It is supposed to arrive monday. Is my betta going to be okay in there until monday also should I order a minI heater for his tank because it doesn’t come with one.

david1978

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It should have a heater so it can be around 80 degrees. The vase is doable short term. 50 % water changes every day. Cant be any worse then a cup.

Myyyman

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Yes for the heater, they like warmer waters, 28 C (80-ish F). As long as you use the water from the established tank, the two gallon will be fine, but a little on the small side. What size is the vase? With no filter or heater that's not good, but it's only till Monday. Make sure you research the nitrogen cycle, it's quite important.

OP
K

klowhtw

Reaction score
if I order a heater do I need a thermostat

Blueberrybetta

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Its always best incase a heater shocks out and causes a huge temp spike in the water and you wouldnt know! Id get one anyways. they have ones that suction cup inside the tank that are more accurate than the stick on ones.

mrsP

Reaction score
If you can, it's always better to have adjustable heater. Your betta will be fine there for short while.

New Threads