Betta in a vase

klowhtw

Reaction score
I bought a betta and some fish don’t get along with it. do you think it’s okay if I decorated a vase and put him in there instead because right now I can’t go to the store because of quarantine and I don’t want any fish to die

Blueberrybetta

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
That would make things worse ? As there is legit no swimming room at all, no heater or filtration. Pet stores are being made to stay open still during this time anyways, can you not just take the fish back since the stores are open

AquaCaitlin

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Is your betta currently with other fish? What types in what size tank if so?

Is your betta male or female?

Do you have any other options than a vase- vases are really horrible for bettas- despite the popular myth they can live in them.
Even something as simple as a large clear plastic container would work. Just add a filter (if you have any on hand- if not preform water changes daily of about 30%)

I would also advise reading about the nitrogen cycle- doing so will set you up for a great fishkeeping future, and not doing so... well it’s pretty essential.

If your betta is with other fish right now and there is aggression going on remove him/her asap, to the largest container you have available.

I believe most pet stores are actually still open and many offering curbside pickup.

Buy a 5-10 gallon tank, a filter, a heater, and some live plants (java fern is very easy to keep) if you can afford them.

So here’s everything summarized:
• remove the betta
• read up on the nitrogen cycle (is a must)
• buy the supplies
• try and set up a temporary tank

RUADJAI

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
These threads stress me out. No ending to the story... Is he living in a vase now?!o_O

New Threads