Betta Imbellis Breeding Thread #2

Discussion in 'Breeding Fish' started by Rtessy, Apr 18, 2019.

1. RtessyFishlore VIPMember

Welp, here we go again!! It's a very small spawn, probably because the female hasn't eaten in a week. Just picked up live blackworms today (they weren't taking flake or pellet), but oh well.
    Seems like these guys like to spawn three days after I get them, lol.
    At least a smaller spawn will make it easier to raise them and some splendens x imbellis babies in three weeks ;)

Attached Files:

2. Skullkong101Valued MemberMember

1st off very pretty secondly why did you make a new thread?

3. RtessyFishlore VIPMember

Just because this one is a breeding thread to follow the progression of the fry, the other is to follow how well the adults do in my aquariums.

4. Skullkong101Valued MemberMember

Ah ok.

5. RtessyFishlore VIPMember

Oh, but if you meant why it's #2, I had a previous spawn from a different pair, but those babies are all grown up :)

6. CanadianFishFanWell Known MemberMember

Cant wait to see them grow up!!!

7. RtessyFishlore VIPMember

The male abandoned the nest and there aren't any eggs :(

8. Skullkong101Valued MemberMember

Feels bad....

9. RtessyFishlore VIPMember

Yeah, it does. The good news is I finally got them some live food, so hopefully they'll feel better in a few days. And the female I have with the two males isn't spawning, none of them are showing that behavior, so after QT, she should be ready to spawn with my splendens!

10. RtessyFishlore VIPMember

Ooh, didn't know they could spawn so soon after

Attached Files:

11. RtessyFishlore VIPMember

Well, they ate their eggs on Easter, so that sucked, lol.
    Today, no more eggs... From them
    In the tank with 2 males 1 female, there are eggs!! And the male is making another bubble nest, so he's probably going to move them. Fingers crossed I get at least some baby bettas, lol

12. RtessyFishlore VIPMember

Tbh I'm not sure what I'll do if I get babies in both tanks, hmmmm

13. RtessyFishlore VIPMember

Welp, they both spawned yesterday, and both nests are still holding today. Hm. But also I'm very excited!!!

14. RtessyFishlore VIPMember

Babies!!! The top male seems to have lost all his except 3-4 (?) He's not grabbing them when they fall, that's rhe one wirh the nest in the corner.
    The other guy is doing great, has tons of little babies!!
    Got my BBS hatchery bubbling away, gotta check on those microworms...

Attached Files:

15. RtessyFishlore VIPMember

Free swimming fry in the lower one as of yesterday! None in the top made it.
    Also, the lower ones spawned again??! This is the fourth time!!!! And there's already babies there!

Attached Files:

16. RtessyFishlore VIPMember

Long time no see, LOTS of babies. I removed the female a few days ago, I'll take out the male today, he won't eat atm and I'm worried about him.