Betta Hunting Snails

NickAu

My girls love fresh snails, they actually hunt them.

david1978

Cool. Mine don't seem to both with the ones in the gravel. They pick them off the glass.

Viriam Karo

Wow, I've never seen either of my bettas actually go for the MTS! Sometimes my current girl watches them when they move, but she always moves on. Maybe I should just watch her more carefully.

NickAu

HI

If your girl is watching the snails catch one and give it to her to eat, do that a few times and she will quickly figure that snails are easy pickings.

I love seeing fish act naturally by hunting for food.

12Cin12

NickAu said:
that is so cool! My 29 gallon has a bunch of ramshorns that my girl is gonna love when she gets big enough!

Fishcat

Oh, my, quite impressive! I was watching the wrong girl at first, so the ending surprised me.
The other day I saw my scarlet badis nip at a nerite’s tentacle. I think he must have thought it was a worm, but he might just have been extremely optimistic.

Musing

This is encouraging me to get a betta for my new tank. I'd been wobbling because aggression is hit and miss with other fish. I've always had trouble with snails coming in on plants in the past.
*We haven't set the tank up, or cycled it yet, but in the planning stages. It's been a few years and I miss having a planted tank.

Shrimpie

Swlws

david1978 said:
Cool. Mine don't seem to both with the ones in the gravel. They pick them off the glass.
My one too He will flare and viciously attack the snails on the glass but perfectly fine with them on the floor or on driftwood

NickAu

He sees the snails on his glass as new intruders, because he knows that his snails on his substrate know better than to climb on his glass without his permission.

A Healthy happy male Betta owns his tank and everything in it, He is the master and he knows it.

Grammywms

NickAu said:
I really enjoyed watching their antics. How many bettas do you have in that tank? And how big is the tank?
They sure seem to get along well together.

NickAu

How many bettas do you have in that tank? And how big is the tank?
Its a 20 gallon tank.

You count the Bettas.

Grammywms

NickAu said:
Its a 20 gallon tank.

You count the Bettas.
looks like 5 0r 6. Do they get along ok?

Swlws

Grammywms said:
looks like 5 0r 6. Do they get along ok?
I counted 7 did I maybe count a few twice?!?

NickAu

They get along just fine

Isobelle

That’s super cute! And lucky that they all get along! That certainly makes it more enjoyable for everyone, haha.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom