Betta Help !!!

1. Ana Ally Initiate Member

HELP PLEASE !!!!
    ! Just joined this group hope anyone could help . I have a 5 gallon tank (cycled) which i am housing male crown tail betta . My son woke up from his nap earlier then expected and put about 5 prenatal vitamins in the tank when I noticed they have already been dissolved. The tank was completely yellow I transferred betta into a temporary bowl to clean out tank. I thought i could just do a 90 percent Water change but this stuff was everywhere I had to rinse put everything! He's back in the tank.

Is there anything else I can do ???

Thank you any input would be great!
  2. Over It Well Known Member Member

Did you rinse his filter media in tap water?

3. Ana Ally Initiate Member

Yes I did
  4. California L33 Well Known Member Member

I'd say you've done well. Like @Tempestt said, if there's a filter make sure it's rinsed. Maybe do another 50% water change tomorrow and the day after.

5. Over It Well Known Member Member

Ok. That's not great. If you have a test kit I would test his water daily. You might have to start your cycle over again or you may have a mini cycle.

How's he acting right now?
  6. KimberlyG Fishlore VIP Member

Sounds like you have done everything you can. Good luck. It's a bad night for betta being dosed with drugs. What the heck?
  7. Ana Ally Initiate Member

Will do hope he makes it I just treated him for swim bladder disorder too :(

8. Ana Ally Initiate Member

He was acting okau swimming around like Normal
  9. Ana Ally Initiate Member

Thank you I hope he makes it through the night atleast
  10. Over It Well Known Member Member

It's great he's behaving normally! Just keep an eye on the water parameters and hopefully everything will be just fine.

11. KimberlyG Fishlore VIP Member

Since they are vitamins, I don't think they are as readily absorbed externally. (Still not good) and they are vitamins unlike the crushed up xanex in the other poisoning post tonight.
    The child meant no harm. They love to feed fish. (That is why I only leave my grand daughter with enough food for one week for her betta. (Her mom has an extra hidden) Her little brothers are devils. There would be an entire container of food in the tank if I didn't do it the way I did.
  12. Ana Ally Initiate Member

Thank you:)
  13. AllieSten Fishlore VIP Member

Seriously though. What the heck?!
  14. LadyButterfly Initiate Member

I'm going through a very similar situation at the moment and I just wanted to say I feel your pain. I'm wishing you and your fish all the best!
  15. Ana Ally Initiate Member

Exactly ill just have to be more careful :)
    Thank you for your help
  16. Ana Ally Initiate Member

Thank you lol it's very stressful especially since he just started to feel better :(
  17. KimberlyG Fishlore VIP Member

Yeah, I don't get it. In the case of the child, I fully understand. They like the fish, they want to feed them. Fish are more active and visible when you are feeding them. All my fish food is hidden from my monster boys.
    In the case of the adult. They wanted to cause pain, so they did so by trying to harm something that was loved. Unfortunately that something that was loved is a living creature. Not enough time on here to go into that psychoanalysis.
  18. Ana Ally Initiate Member

Yes it's very sad when it comes to a full adulting wanting to cause pain to any living thing ! Thank you again for you help I will keep you guys updated on how he does
  19. Ana Ally Initiate Member

20. Ana Ally Initiate Member

My betta woke up good :D
    swimming around like Normal .
    Just tested the water here are my results

Ammonia - 0
    Ph 7.6
    Kh 120
    Gh 60
    Nitrite -0
    Nitrate- 0