Betta Help

1. RWoltereck Initiate Member

My betta is always at the bottom of the tank. I got him back in January. He only swims to get air then he just lets his weight carry him to the bottom.

He does have a bloated stomach, I am thinking maybe dropsy? I put him in a 1/2 gallon for now. I have a 5 gallon fluval spec and it wasn't until a few days ago he started acting like this.

I put a little salt in the tank for him. What else should I do? I am sorry this pic is massive.
    [​IMG]

2. Pikachu13131 Member Member

How old is he,a betta I had awhile ago was like this before it died.

3. RWoltereck Initiate Member

I dunno he was full grown when I got him.

4. Pikachu13131 Member Member

How long have you had him?

5. RWoltereck Initiate Member

January.

6. Pringlethesnail Well Known Member Member

He looks full grown to me but not necessarily senile lol. I have no experience with sbd so I am no help there but I would check some sbd posts and treat how they say.

7. Annie424 Well Known Member Member

What are the water readings from his original tank (pH, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, GH,KH), and how often do you change out the water? How much do you change, and do you use a dechlorinator? How much do you feed him and how often? What do you feed him? Is his normal tank filtered and heated? What is the usual temperature? I'm sorry he is so listless, I know it is concerning.

8. RWoltereck Initiate Member

The API kit I have says the water has no ammonia. I change out 25% of the tank roughly once a week. I use a dechlorinator. I feed my fish flakes, I think I have been putting too much food in. Tank is filtered and heated. Usual temperature is 78-80.

I have 5 neons in the tank as well and they are all lively.

9. Pikachu13131 Member Member

It might be dropsy or it might be ich,of it's dropsy I don't think there's much you can do.

Overfeeding is not helping try feeding him peas it will help with the bloating.

10. Pringlethesnail Well Known Member Member

How is he now?