Betta Has Growing White Spot On Head

Rohit mess

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
More than a spot it looks like a wound or scale/scales is/are missing.
Some one who has encountered this will come along and help.
How is the betta responding? If he seems happy as they normally are i would not worry too much. Also if there are any sharp objects/strong currents then look into it.

Demeter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I think it might be fish lymphocystis which seems to be a viral issue, in which case there isn't really a treatment. Is it a raised bump?

Slippers1234

Reaction score
Rohit mess said:
How is the betta responding? If he seems happy as they normally are i would not worry too much. Also if there are any sharp objects/strong currents then look into it.
Rohit mess said:
Thank you you for your response. It is something growing on his head. It gets fuzzy but the salt treatments seem to back it off but never have completely cleared it up. He’s rather lethargic but he is eating.

gracerig

Reaction score
Slippers1234 said:
Thank you you for your response. It is something growing on his head. It gets fuzzy but the salt treatments seem to back it off but never have completely cleared it up. He’s rather lethargic but he is eating.
If it looks fuzzy, it might be columnaris. If so, you might have to resort to antibiotics to get rid of it entirely. Definitely don't just take my word for it since I'm only going off a picture and do some research before any treatment, but hopefully this will at least give you an idea of where to start.

Slippers1234

Reaction score
I spoke to our local fish authority and he said to net the fish and put a drop of hydrogen peroxide on the spot and see what that does. I need to know if I should dilute the hydrogen peroxide and if so in what proportion to water?

Rohit mess

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I will try to find more stuff that are similar.

I would prefer to go with skye-marilyne 's link of columnaris.

Skye_marilyn

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
The American aquarium club website has a great section on columnaris infections, I definitely recommend the treatment on that website.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom