Betta has dropsy again

Accents

Hi, I haven't been on fishlore for a long time, but I just discovered my betta has slightly raised scales. It is noticeable, but there is not a super prominent bulge in his stomach. Recently he has been more lethargic, laying on the floor and just resting in his plants a lot, but I thought it was just because he was aging. He still does swim around and is exited about food but doesn't spend time just zooming around the tank. It's happened before, about a year ago. I've had him for 2 years, but considering the age that pet store bettas are he is probably close to 3 years.

I feed him omega one betta pellets and some frozen brine shrimp, once or twice a day. His tank is 5 gal and is kept at 80F. Since school started it's been really hard for me to keep up with water changes but he gets them every week to 1.5 weeks, and he is kept with live plants. I've also tried to clean the substrate a little every water change. The tank is filtered and cycled.

I have kanaplex and will order some more Epsom salt, but I have a little bit left right now. Should I do daily or bidaily baths with 1/2 tablespoons of Epsom salt and start kanaplex treatment? I will get pictures when his light is on. I can also get some stress coat and have IAL.

Coradee

Giving this a bump up for you hope you get some responses today

Top Bottom