Betta Has Cloudy Eye And Lump On Head (pictured) Help

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by mintfossil, Feb 18, 2019.

1. mintfossil

mintfossilNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +6
    Experience:
    Just started
    Hi everyone,

My Betta, Larimar, has a clouded up eye and small bump on his head close to where the clouded eye is. His fins also are struggling to grow back but I don’t believe it’s fin rot, just tears. He seems perfectly happy and active otherwise! Eats his Betta pellets within seconds.

My other Betta is perfectly fine in the same size tank with similar decorations, both heated and filtered and cleaned in old water every week. Water changes are weekly with me doing about 50%. I also add in aquarium salt for them.

If anyone can diagnose what this is or a possibility of what it is so I can treat him, I’d be very grateful!!

mintfossil

IMG_2204.JPG

2. Demeter

DemeterFishlore VIPMember

Ratings:
    +3,537
    Experience:
    5 to 10 years
    He is a dragon scale that has diamond eye. It’s when the pigmentation starts growing over the eyes, causing them to go blind. The bump could also be a reault of dragon scaling. It’s a skin/scale growth and it probably won’t go away. Try googling “betta lymphocystis” and looking at the images.

3. OP
    OP
    mintfossil

mintfossilNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +6
    Experience:
    Just started
    Thankyou for this! I had no idea about this type of Betta. Hopefully it’s not that lymph bump and doesn’t get any bigger, I’ll do some research.

Become a Fishlore Member