Betta Girls Cheering Me Up

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Tank Photos' started by luckdown, Apr 23, 2018.

1. luckdown

luckdownWell Known MemberMember

Had a bad day but my sorority girls decided to come hang out and cheer me up.

Can't tell in the pictures but all 8 are either on or nibbling my hand lol it's cute how they only gather together like this when I'm at the tank.

Had a couple girls attack between my fingers till they could swim through them and lay on my hand when I made it so they couldn't swim into my hand anymore. As a test to see how they would react. It was cute.

Had all 8 in my hand the other day at the same time. Wish I got a picture of that xD next time they do it I'll try my best to capture it.

But things like this make my days much better <3

Attached Files:

2. Albifrons

AlbifronsWell Known MemberMember

That's so cute! My betta doesn't ever do things like that, he just tries to steal the kuhli loaches' food and stare at me angrily! Oh well, I did call him Grinch for a reason :rolleyes::p

3. OP
    OP
    luckdown

All but 4 of my bettas really enjoy play time. I try to play with them for a bit most days. They do different things when they beg for food vs begging to play. It's pretty cool.

Only my bettas though, none of my other fish are interested in me outside of feeding really

That's the perfect name for him xD I'm mean and don't really name my fish lol

4. Albifrons

I wish Grinch was like that, all he does is beg for food the fatso! I think it's really cool that you've such a good bond with your bettas, so many people don't appreciate the character they have!

5. OP
    OP
    luckdown

If it wasn't for my male betta Pluto I wouldn't of known they even liked attention like that to try.

Maybe you could try training him? I trained these girls to eat from my fingers during their quarentine and once they got switched into the sorority tank they started laying in my hand on their own.

And my rescues were sorta conditioned into it cuz I handled them pretty frequently when I first got them cuz of how sick they were and they needed help with everything.

I always reward this behavior by giving them a treat after. Kinda like how you do with dogs.

6. Albifrons

That's really cool! I think I'll give hand feeding a go and see how things turn out! Thanks for the info, and good luck with your beautiful betta girls!

7. CanadianFishFan

CanadianFishFanWell Known MemberMember

just wait! tomorrow someone is going to be causing trouble.... Their just making you think their good little fishys..just wait...

8. OP
    OP
    luckdown

Oh gosh ain't that the truth lol

Today they all helped me test their water. Which made me take way longer cuz they kept swimming over the vial keeping me from taking it out when I got the right amount of water. Yaaayyy xP thanks girls!

Didn't take pictures but they also helped me change the water and kept swimming into the pitcher I was using to take water out. (This is unusual for them to do) then played in the flow while I added water, so of course I added it very slowly to keep them happy.

They're reminding me of how Pluto likes to help me hunt for snails and fry xP

Attached Files:

9. phantom

phantomValued MemberMember

how many bettas do you have in all? :)

10. OP
    OP
    luckdown

Let's see.. 25 in total, though a lot are rescues I'm looking to re-home now that they're doing better.

Only 8 in my sorority tank and the other multi betta tank though. The rest are either in a community tank (with just 1 betta) or in their own tank. I have way too many tanks lmao

11. Fanatic

FanaticFishlore VIPMember

Aww! I must continue with my plans of a female sorority.
    I have my 20 long set up, planning on seven girls.

12. phantom

phantomValued MemberMember

nice! btw looking to keep beta's also how many gallons per female betas while keeping multiple females together :)

13. Fanatic

FanaticFishlore VIPMember

You must have a 20 long, and at least 5 - 7 girls in that size.

14. OP
    OP
    luckdown

Having a betta sorority has been extremely awarding. It's best to get young females who were all raised in sororities their entire lives. But not all will always work. I bought 12 girls for this but only 8 made the cut to be together.

Adding onto what fanatic said. You need lots of decorations/plants to break their line of sight. The easier it is to hide the less likely they'll fight. You can do a tad more girls in a 20 long but it's not really recommended. And always make sure you have a backup plan to take one or more out if they don't work.

I've been pretty lucky with my bettas. Most are really friendly thankfully

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice