Betta fungus / fungal infection? - Page 3

ValkyrieLips

Do you soak the pellets before feeding? Soaking will help with digestion and make him less likely to bloat like that. It could also be the quality of the pellets if there's a bunch of filler like corn or grains in it.

kinsey12345

Do you soak the pellets before feeding? Soaking will help with digestion and make him less likely to bloat like that. It could also be the quality of the pellets if there's a bunch of filler like corn or grains in it.
I haven’t been soaking them so i’ll have to do that! And they’re by Zoo Med, it was what his previous owners had been feeding him so I just kept using it, but if it’s not a very good brand I can switch?

ValkyrieLips

I haven’t been soaking them so i’ll have to do that! And they’re by Zoo Med, it was what his previous owners had been feeding him so I just kept using it, but if it’s not a very good brand I can switch?

Soaking will help, but you'll have to feed them one at a time because they'll sink quickly.

I just looked up that brand and it's not the best quality food out there, wheat flour is the second ingredient so there is a lot of filler. Hikari bio gold, new life spectrum, ocean nutrition and northfin are well know, high quality brands with little filler.

I personally feed my betta northfin betta bits and fluval cichlid bugbites for his "pelleted" foods and have never had any issues with bloating. He gets fed twice a day, 3-4 pellets per feeding depending on how hungry he is.

kinsey12345

Soaking will help, but you'll have to feed them one at a time because they'll sink quickly.

I just looked up that brand and it's not the best quality food out there, wheat flour is the second ingredient so there is a lot of filler. Hikari bio gold, new life spectrum, ocean nutrition and northfin are well know, high quality brands with little filler.

I personally feed my betta northfin betta bits and fluval cichlid bugbites for his "pelleted" foods and have never had any issues with bloating. He gets fed twice a day, 3-4 pellets per feeding depending on how hungry he is.
Oh wow! I feel so bad he’s only been getting 3-4 pellets a day. oh no. thank you so much for telling me! I’ve only had him for about 2 months so luckily i found out now. I’ll order one of the other brands of betta food too!! Do you still have to soak the other brands?

ValkyrieLips

Oh wow! I feel so bad he’s only been getting 3-4 pellets a day. oh no. thank you so much for telling me! I’ve only had him for about 2 months so luckily i found out now. I’ll order one of the other brands of betta food too!! Do you still have to soak the other brands?

Don't feel bad, feeding amounts depend on the betta, mine is a big, active plakat so he needs a lot. Some days he gets less, some days more. I usually just watch his stomach to see when it gets round/full looking. I would suggest it, I soak all dry foods before feeding and that may be why I've never had any issues with bloat.

I highly recommend the bug bites my betta goes NUTS for them. They make a smaller betta formula but if he can handle bigger pellets the s/m cichlid formula is what I feed.

kinsey12345

Don't feel bad, feeding amounts depend on the betta, mine is a big, active plakat so he needs a lot. Some days he gets less, some days more. I usually just watch his stomach to see when it gets round/full looking. I would suggest it, I soak all dry foods before feeding and that may be why I've never had any issues with bloat.

I highly recommend the bug bites my betta goes NUTS for them. They make a smaller betta formula but if he can handle bigger pellets the s/m cichlid formula is what I feed.
Okay!! Thank you so much!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Aquaticguy
Replies
Views
Rose of Sharon
Replies
Views
PurityNWhiteRoses
Replies