Betta Fry With Swim Bladder Disease And Disorder

KoiBettas

Valued Member
Reaction score
How can i treat betta fry with Swim Bladder Disorder and Disease. Fasting be enough? I don't have anything other than BBS i can feed except for microworms but they are too big for microworms. I've tried to feed other foods but they wont eat anything that's not alive yet

SM1199

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I've learned it is actually a relatively common issue for betta fry. How old are the fry? I would feed less, but not necessarily fast them, since they're still growing and they need a good deal of nutrients. The issue should go away on its own within a few weeks as they grow, just make sure you feed less and space out meals a little (2x a day). There are a few useful videos on Youtube about this exact issue in betta fry.

KoiBettas

Valued Member
Reaction score
I've learned it is actually a relatively common issue for betta fry. How old are the fry? I would feed less, but not necessarily fast them, since they're still growing and they need a good deal of nutrients. The issue should go away on its own within a few weeks as they grow, just make sure you feed less and space out meals a little (2x a day). There are a few useful videos on Youtube about this exact issue in betta fry.
They are 32 days old today.

SM1199

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Should i still feed them BBS though?
Yes, BBS is fine. I would stick to feeding it just twice a day though, since some people say the issue only came up when they were feeding three times a day and went away once going down to twice a day.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom