Betta Fry Vacation Care.

HannibalXavier

Current have some 6 week old betta fry doing Amazing! But I’m going out of town for a week in just a few days. What can I do to prep them for my vacation? I have someone house sitting so no they will not be going a week without food but I will slightly decrease their feeding from 3-4 times a day to just 2. They’re currently in a 29 gallon grow out tanks with 2 (fully cycled) aqua clear 50’s running. And they also have 5 khuilI loaches (Helps with clean up.) now I don’t really have someone with the knowledge to do water changes so my question is will they be alright? I’m not so much as concerned with ammonia build up because of the filters I have going but I am concerned about growth hormone build up. Can the hormones build up to such high levels that they will be stunted? Or am I just worrying too much? Any tips or input is greatly appreciated!

Zachsnanotanks

Current have some 6 week old betta fry doing Amazing! But I’m going out of town for a week in just a few days. What can I do to prep them for my vacation? I have someone house sitting so no they will not be going a week without food but I will slightly decrease their feeding from 3-4 times a day to just 2. They’re currently in a 29 gallon grow out tanks with 2 (fully cycled) aqua clear 50’s running. And they also have 5 khuilI loaches (Helps with clean up.) now I don’t really have someone with the knowledge to do water changes so my question is will they be alright? I’m not so much as concerned with ammonia build up because of the filters I have going but I am concerned about growth hormone build up. Can the hormones build up to such high levels that they will be stunted? Or am I just worrying too much? Any tips or input is greatly appreciated!
Just a week? If so I think they will be just fine just clean up the tank pretty good before you leave make a 40% water change and maybe a weekend pellet sold but having someone feed them would be idea as long as they know how much to feed them

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Demeter
  • Question
Replies
Views
jnocella
Replies
Views
Loulou1
Replies