Status
Not open for further replies.

AltzercrastFish

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I recently have had a huge loss of betta fry (2 weeks old now) I believe it was ammonia. But now most of the remaining fry are staying at the bottom or swimming with their head down. It could be swim bladder but they’re so young and i dont even feed that much food. What can I should i separate the fish that a swimming well from the ones that are going to die? I have never had this problem.

cichlid4life

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
i don't know but i am posting this post to maake the topic go to the top of thelist where others may help you better.

Demeter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Well first of all, cull all the less than healthy fry during a 50% water change. If you leave the sickly fry in and they die their bodies will polute the water and risk killing them all.

Do you have a seasoned sponge filter going? If not, get one going. Also, how much and what have you been feeding? Rather than saying for sure it was ammonia, they could have starved pretty easily which is often a major problem when breeding small egg laying species.

AltzercrastFish

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Well first of all, cull all the less than healthy fry during a 50% water change. If you leave the sickly fry in and they die their bodies will polute the water and risk killing them all.

Do you have a seasoned sponge filter going? If not, get one going. Also, how much and what have you been feeding? Rather than saying for sure it was ammonia, they could have starved pretty easily which is often a major problem when breeding small egg laying species.
I watched them to make sure they ate. They were swimming and eating fine till now. I made sure i feed enough for them to get full. I do havs a sponge filter. I have been feeding hikari first bites because some still stayed at the surface and banana worms for all so some swimming in the middle can eat. They pick off the bottom too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom