Betta fry not growing properly?

ForBettaorForWorse

My fish aren't growing super fast, they're about the size of a three week old betta, even though they hatched four weeks ago. I'm not too concerned, but will they eventually get as big?

BigManAquatics

I would think so, given a good diet. Also, genetics may be at play here a little bit, they may end up not quite as big as some. Or be like me and end up bigger than most lol!

betta06

mine where on the smaller side too. I honestly don't know why but they seemed super heathy and I guess that is what matters. maybe try feeding them a bit of egg yolk, just boil a chicken egg and then crush up some of the yolk. I wouldn't do it all the time as it muddies up the water but it is good once a week or so.

also congratulations of your baby bettas! what kind are they?

ForBettaorForWorse

There are a Halfmoon/ Delta(Rose?) Tail hybrid. I'm excited to see what they look like in terms of tails.

betta06

There are a Halfmoon/ Delta(Rose) Tail hybrid. I'm excited to see what they look like in terms of tails.
wow that sounds like it will make some really pretty bettas! you should definitely post some pics when they grow up!

ForBettaorForWorse

I will! I'm a tiny nervous because this is my first batch, but at least a few should survive to adulthood, right?

NearMeBettas

I will! I'm a tiny nervous because this is my first batch, but at least a few should survive to adulthood, right?
If you have good genetics, good food, clean water, yes.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
AquaCaitlin
Replies
Views
Demeter
  • Question
Replies
Views
jnocella
  • Question