Betta Fry Journey- The Miracle Gang

ForBettaorForWorse

So, recently I noticed that the new male I had purchased to try breeding had made a bubble nest. Now, right off the bat, I'm going to admit, I did a LOT of things wrong. I didn't condition the parents, and basically just moved them into a bin with some water in it. And an oak leaf.
But, somehow, they spawned. The dad put all the fry into the bubble nest. And that was just the beginning. The father decided it would be a good idea to start spreading his nest across the entire bin. I was freaking out the entire time, but somehow, they survived. I was now the breeder of about fourty-fifty betta fry. Oh man, am I ever glad it was on the small side for a batch. But then, the father decided to scare the living daylights out of me AGAIN and not take care of the fry. But, they lived. they're just over two weeks old, and I still have no idea if I'm doing anything right. But, I'm gonna keep trying, and see what happens.

And that, my friends, is why I have dubbed them the Miracle Gang.

BigManAquatics

Sometimes, it is better to be lucky than to know for sure what you are doing! Good news, should be a learning experience :)

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
mattgirl
  • Question
Replies
Views
Bruinfishkeeper1
Replies
Views
Katie13
Replies