Betta fry Grow Out

HannibalXavier

Ok so I’ve got my betta fry, they’re a little over a month old now and doing great growing fast. However, I do have some questions and concerns. One of my concerns are I have several (4-5) fry that are VERY tiny compared to the others the largest fry are around a half of an inch give or take, but most average about 3/8. Now the runty fry are maybe only like 1/8 of an inch long. They look like they just stopped growing at 2 weeks. What should I do? Separate them and give them special treatment? Or cull them because the damage has already been done?
Now As for like the main topic, as of right now the fry are in a 5 gallon aquarium. They have 2 sponge filters and I do an 80% water change every night. (Everyone but the few exceptions mentioned above) all growing great they’re all healthy, eating well, some are already starting to show color! But my question is when should I move them to a grow out? And for a grow out I don’t have the space for another aquarium, so I was going to use a plastic tote of some kind would this be ok? I have a Circular white one, but you can’t see through or I have a rectangle semI transparent one would either work better over the other? (I’d have to look at the volume of both of them.) And then them being in a glass aquarium how should I go about transferring them to the grow out?

Attachments

• 53FA941C-1236-4433-A4F7-C8B1331CA15D.jpeg
    53FA941C-1236-4433-A4F7-C8B1331CA15D.jpeg
    90.1 KB · Views: 113
  • 82B00332-A3E6-4011-AF3D-EDE73BB9555C.jpeg
    82B00332-A3E6-4011-AF3D-EDE73BB9555C.jpeg
    89.9 KB · Views: 112

Demeter

I’d move them now to at least a 20gal tote (I used one ~25gal). I’d also cull the runty and misshapen fry sooner rather than later.

HannibalXavier

I’d move them now to at least a 20gal tote (I used one ~25gal). I’d also cull the runty and misshapen fry sooner rather than later.
All I have is a 13 Gallon one right now. Would this be ok then I can upgrade them again later down the line?

Demeter

It will work better than the 5gal so go for it. Just remember to keep up with the same water change schedule.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Mcasella
Replies
Views
AquaCaitlin
Replies
Views
RickyRicardo1838
Replies
Views