Betta friend! 10 Gallon Tank

1. anunez91 Member Member

In proper forum etiquite, ive scoured a couple of the pages to see if my question has been answered before. I couldnt find anything so, Ive just recently moved my betta from a one gallon cest pool with 60 degree water (poor fish, im shocked he never died, i didnt have a thermometer) to a nice heated, filterd ten gallon paradise. All params are green across the board and im wondering this; Im thinking about throwing (from across the room) a pearl gourami in there with him, ive done reaserch and have come to the conclusion that its possible, hear lies my question. What other non-schooling fish that get about 3-5" would you lovely folks reccomend? It would just be my betta and that other fish, so the bio-load wouldnt be terrible.

2. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

gouramis and bettas will kill one another ..in a 10g tank, you MAY get away with some ottos or pygmy cories...but be preparred as MOST bettas DO NOT play nice at the playground..

3. Martinismommy Fishlore VIP Member

I'd get a divider and get another Betta....Bettas do not like roomates......

4. anunez91 Member Member

What about inverts? or should i just leave him in there by himself?

5. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

what kind of inverts? snails do ok with my bettas...shrimps are meals....each betta is different and you cant know how they will be without trying it..always have a back up plan though as bettas are so very unpredictable...

6. anunez91 Member Member